Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
iamvhing
Style_council
iamvhing

well.. i sleep a lot and eat alot this summer. and i really need to start my daily exercise. When is the best time of the day to exercise? when you wake up? before you eat breakfast? before going to bed? during noon? after dinner? before dinner? or whatever. im just having a hard time exercising just after i wake up coz it makes me sleepy again. :( anyone? help?

posted over 4 years ago
polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

In the morning is probably best because it kickstarts your metabolism for the day helping you to lose more weight.
After breakfast would be better since you have more energy to exercise for longer. But if you’re like me and get stitches easily then grab something to eat before heading out, and you can have breakfast once you come back.

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

The simple answer is “Whatever time is best for you.” If it doesn’t feel right, you’ll get unmotivated and give up on it. So while there are some advantages to doing it in the morning, if you find the morning doesn’t work for you don’t force it. Find a time that best suits your schedule and motivation.

For me, the best time is just before bed, which I think is unusual. But for me it works because it makes me tired; I can then just have a snack, take my shower, and go to bed.

I know some people who find just before dinner (or lunch, if you’re on vacation) works well for them. Having the meal to look forward to can keep you motivated, and it’s at the time of day where it’s unlikely you’ll fall asleep for more than just a nap if you’re tired afterward.

posted over 4 years ago

General_Rooster
Style_council
General_Rooster

With my experience in my own personal development, I would have to say before you go to bed for a few reasons.
First, after you are finished your muscles can rest and won’t continue to be strained through more activity.
Second, exercising before you go to bed will increase your resting metabolism: which is the amount of calories your body uses while you sleep.
One other tip is that you should also eat foods that are healthy and high in vitamins and nutrients after you exercise because your muscles have about an hour time span after you are finished before they stop taking more nutrients.
Despite what research or other people may say, this has always worked for me. And basically working out multiple times a day is good too; such as in the morning.

posted over 4 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

The morning is probably best- it gets it out of the way and kick starts your metabolism for the day.
Actually, before bed is the worst idea. You shouldn’t work out 2-3 hours before you’re going to go to bed because then your body isn’t as relaxed as it should be and it may be harder to fall asleep (exercising usually gives you energy).

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

You definitely have to keep your lifestyle in mind. I am not a morning person by any means. I’m completely useless before noon and need at least 9 hours of sleep at night, so working out in the morning doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried it and it was disastrous…I was falling asleep on the elliptical. So I have the most energy around 8-10pm so that’s when I go to the gym and it’s been working just fine.

posted over 4 years ago

mhyohmhy
Style_council
mhyohmhy

I’ve read in a magazine that the best time to exercise is in the afternoon, late afternoon preferably.

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

It’s def. best to exercise in the morning, it gets your metabolism going for the day, and gives you energy.

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve read in plenty of magazines that the best time is the morning because of the metabolism kick-start that has already been mentioned, but personally I think it would make sense to exercise in the evening an our or 2 after dinner as well to try and burn off some of the fats and stuff from your last meal that end up laying in your stomach overnight.

posted over 4 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

I read that you should start exercising in the first 30 minutes you wake up so like a lot of others have said to kick start your metabolism.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION