Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Oh the elusive Style Gallery. Or just traffic in general. Have you guys noticed getting more views, comments, and posts at a particular time of day?

I think sometimes posting at night yields less results.

When do you post most of your pictures?

posted about 4 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

Hm I have only posted once I have no idea. In general, posting at night for feedback on any site is not very good. I think it depends on the population of the site. If most people on that site are from a certain timezone, it makes sense to post in the late afternoon or early evening of that particular timezone.

posted about 4 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

i was thinking about the whole day vs. night thing, but then again, everyone on here seems to be from very different places. what’s night for me could be a few hours before or behind what’s night for you, you know?

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

ya, very true. it just seems this site has more movement at certain hours in general. who knows :D just curious

posted about 4 years ago

Sparklz
Style_council
Sparklz

I find that theres more activity in the early afternoon for me…

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hmm… i’m not sure because there are people from all time zones on this site!! :D
I usually post my photos late at night, but i’m not sure what time that would be for people in the US. (melbourne time where I live is GMT +10 hours.) I think I get more comments very early in the morning, but again i’m not sure what time that would be for other people!

posted about 4 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

i find that i get the most amount of feedback whilst i am sleeping (11pm-6am) this is probably because i live in the uk. so its early/mid afternoon for people in the usa.

posted about 4 years ago

togandtrappings
Style_council
togandtrappings

well, i won’t divulge my best secret for figuring out site traffic times. But, you could guess that most of the people that post are wither school age or have jobs, so afternoon and evening is probably more popular.

posted about 4 years ago

_nonchalant
Style_council
_nonchalant

It seems like early afternoon, I agree.

posted about 4 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I usually post between the hours of 10am and 4pm PST, because those are the hours that the Chictopia staff are most likely to be in the office. From what I understand, there are actually people in the office who check the stats of all the pictures and once you have a certain number of likes/views/comments/etc. they move your picture into the style gallery. I could be making that up, but I usually seem to have the most luck when I post at those times.

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION