Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Paula
Style_council
Paula

With interviews I tend to think smart over style, whoops… but what has been your most succestful interview outfit? Or what do you wear to interviews? Thanks;-0

posted about 6 years ago
lulu
Style_council
lulu

Hi Paula
CoedUgly did a great post on interview outfits. It’s centered around getting an internship for college students but the outfit still applies.
here

posted about 6 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

Hi Paula,
It depends on what type of company you are applying for, and the specific role you are looking to get into.
Most of my previous jobs have been with tech companies, so a dress shirt and jeans did the job.
What field are you looking to get into?

posted about 6 years ago

Paula
Style_council
Paula

Thanks for the tip, I would never think of wearing that outfit and it works, but her confidence shows and thats what makes it! But yeah I guess it depends on the job really. “What field are you looking to get into”? didn’t think that question would be so difficult to articulate. As a singer and a recent graduate, I have been looking at more creative jobs, like something within publication or literature related. Been studying for ages so its all about having fun, but London is very expensive so it would be nice to find a job that allows me to still have a life and pursue other interests.

posted about 6 years ago

chicfille
Style_council
chicfille

I agree with helenz, depends on where and what company, cause what if your interviewer has zero sense of fashion and you decide to out do it they’d probably think your all fashion and no brains but then what if your interviewer was valvo or custo, then you know you’d have to step your game up and make sure your decked out in accessories, well I say wear your style dont out do it but dont underdress.

posted about 6 years ago

Paula
Style_council
Paula

Very true Chicfille. You articulated it perfectly. Thanks;-)

posted about 6 years ago

Masami
Style_council
Masami

I have had to interview many people. Yes, this depends on the type of job, but even if you are going for a creative job, chances are the person interviewing you may not be, and definitely the person who has the money to hire you (Finance Department and/ or the boss) more than likely is not at all either…
Few tips:
1. Dress so that the person remembers you for you, not for your patterned, loud top, your wrist tattoo, clanging metal bracelets, or anything that might distract the person interviewing you. When you leave, they will either remember you by your name (very good), a place where you had worked before (normal), or a distinguishing characteristic, like “stiletto girl” or “hipster” (not good because they are not remembering you, what you said, or what you could bring to the company, just a visual fact about you)
2. Keep it simple.
3. Make sure your clothes fit well and you are comfortable in them. It makes you look more nervous than you probably are when you are tugging at your blouse or shifting your skirt down.
4. No greasy hair! And if you have bangs, trim it so it is not getting in your eyes. (I say this from experience)
If you get hired you have all the time to show your unique fashion sense. Just remember to smile and have a good resume. (not by experience , I mean formatted correctly, no spelling errors, etc…)
yikes. I am such “the man”....

posted about 6 years ago

Zoia
New_user Zoia is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Zoia reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Zoia

I prefer formal style when it comes for interview.

posted about 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

I would wear a pencil skirt with a nice blouse, tights and ballerinas or low heels. I would keep it black. Concerning the hair I would do a ponytail or vintage curls, like Dita Von Teese, and I would keep the make up simple.

posted almost 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

smth secretary look-alike…its the perfect outfit for interviews

posted over 1 year ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

I’d wear a nice blouse of a color that stands out and makes the interviewer actually has a memory of my interview. I’d pair that up with a cute pencil skirt.

posted about 1 year ago

kireinamona
Style_council
kireinamona

I work at an office and I tend to wear black trousers, pumps, a nice blouse and a blazer. I keep the make-up simple but make sure to give my face a good coverage.

Good luck with your interviews!

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION