Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tianaB
Style_council
tianaB

I was bored one afternoon so I decided to see people’s opinions on Yahoo! Answers on what type of heels that a teen should wear.
Most people posted pictures of shoes like this,
http://www.payless.com/Images/300×300/062321_1_…
And I was like, WHAT?!? And deleted the question.
There’s nothing wrong with 2’’ heels, but I really hate those shoes. They don’t have to look like that…
I have a few 2’’ heels myself, and they don’t look like that.
I think the highest heels I own are 4’’.
What type of heels do you think a teen should wear?

posted over 6 years ago
1 2
cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

Any shoes that you can walk in for what you are going to be doing. I hate when girls wear 4 in heels and they can’t walk in them. Or when they know we are going to be walking somewhere and they hobble around and slow everyone down. Also, the higher the heel, the longer the dress. Go ahead and look hot and wear heels with a somewhat short dress. Just don’t look trashy.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

no offense, I think it looks off when high school kids wear sky-high stilettos or pumps. like… you’re just going to your 30-person history class, you’re in high school. 99% of the time it just looks a little awkward, like they’re trying really hard to be sexy or adult (esp when they struggle to walk). it also asking for people who don’t know you to judge you as a vapid silly girl.

small heels don’t have to be matronly. tall heels don’t have to be stilettos. there’s a lot of in-between. do whatever you want on the weekends.

posted over 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

no heels?…jk:))…wear what u want…in clothes matter shoes matter n all matters….my opinion.

posted over 2 years ago

FlirtNation
Style_council
FlirtNation

Platform shoes are great because it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing as tall of a heel.

posted over 2 years ago

missqcnr
New_user missqcnr is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When missqcnr reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
missqcnr

if one is comfortable walking in pumps or stilletos then it’s okay. As long as she doesn’t wobble or fall over. It’s better to wear something comfortable than worry about kissing the ground after a second. High heels can cause muscles to form in our legs, so i don’t think those kinds of heels are ideal for a normal school day or daily use for teens. But if one really wants to, they can turnover to wedges. It’s comfortable, still high, and only needs a few effort. 2 inches heels is ideal though :)

posted over 1 year ago

DOMOnique
Style_council
DOMOnique

Yeah I see a lot of the middle schoolers in my high school wear 5" heels and we have 3 flights of stairs to go up and down on? I think the not so obvious heels like wedges, sneaker wedges or platform sneakers are good for 14 and up age division and the stilettos and pumps for the 18 and up age.

posted over 1 year ago

adriennee
Style_council
adriennee

There’s plenty of opportunity to cause your feet pain later on. No need to rush into it.
If a teen insists on the added elevation though, I’d say boots with a slight heel or, for a fancier occasion, wedges, would be their best bet.

posted over 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION