Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

What should I wear for a job interview? It’s for a job in marketing…

I’m 19 so I want my outfit to look “young”, not like business suits, but still professional… Any ideas?

And what are the things you should NEVER wear?…

<33

posted about 4 years ago
RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

you could try for a fitted vest instead of a blazer or just go with a light colored blouse (tucked in of course) dont wear really high heels, nothing over 2 inches i believe they say. dont wear any jewelry besides the ears and keep it simple. you dont have to get a business suit but do get dress pants of course and dont wear too tight of pants.

posted about 4 years ago

JessyDust
Style_council
JessyDust

Black pants, a nice top, and a cardigan over it.

Flats or heels.

Studs on the ears and a nice bracelet OR a nice necklace.

A bag that isn’t overly HUGE, but not too small either.

posted about 4 years ago

RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

its actually advised to not wear any jewelry except the ears because you want the potential employer to focus more on your personality and what you have to say rather than what you’re wearing. if it doesnt have to do with fashion then its best to keep it as simple as possible when it comes to jewelry.

posted about 4 years ago

Bombonica
Style_council
Bombonica

casual blazer, dark jeans and a white shirt, a beautiful and elegant watch, simple earrings, no necklaces or bracelets because they usually unhandy and make noise when you’re moving. and oxfords, and a medium, simple nude coloured bag

posted about 4 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

i think a blazer will work really well. a blazer doesnt necessarily scream business.
it will give the look a professional look but chic at the same time if u style it well.

I will wear a long white tank and a black or light pink blazer. With flats and black tights. with a long silver necklace. keep other accessories simple. tie up the hair. chic and simple

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I would go for a black pencil skirt and a nice coloured blouse instead of a work shirt! pantyhose or black tights and low heels or flats. Maybe a medium sized bag that isn’t too plain or over the top but has some interesting details.

posted about 4 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/319827-Strong+Woman+At+Work-white-blazer-pink-top-brown-belt-red-bag-black-pants-black-boots

Sorry if the link i posted for you is not young enough, just something I drew about work fashion, hope you like it. I still think a coulourful tank top inside a serious blazer will do the whole look.

posted about 4 years ago

pingpongpiang194
Style_council
pingpongpian...

go for muted hues underneath, like a peach-colored dress with feminine details like ruffles to keep it fun, while a sharp, tailored cream-colored blazer should make you look refreshed and totally young :) for an unexpected twist, put on a pair of black heels so that you don’t look like you’re sticking to one pastel trend!

posted about 4 years ago

msfashinista
Style_council
msfashinista

Well you are interviewing for a position in Marketing which screams professional to me. I always read to wear a suit when interviewing for professional jobs.
I would wear either black trousers or pencil skirt. Blazers don’t come across as too business like. Instead of having a white colored button down shirt underneath wear a bright color! Wear hose underneath and heels that are no more than 2 inches high. Keep Jewelry minimal – like a necklace or just a ring.
Having a professional appearance will show that you are serious about your job and your not there to have fun, regardless of your age.
I’m 23 and have always wore “the suit” to professional interviews- I got hired to three of them (but turned them down)!
So it might work!

Never wear:
Jeans, t-shirts, and really high heeled shoes, oh and short, short skirts! lol

Makeup:
Keep it simple, and have your hair pulled back in a bun.

posted about 4 years ago

clashingstyle
Style_council
clashingstyle

You dress how you want to be… So it would mean professional. so I agree 100% with the above comment except for the hair thingy. Hair doesn’t matter, just don’t be messy or greasy or handle bars.

Personally on my interviews I wear a good button up shirt with a blazer and the usual black suitpant or pencil skirt with heels. Depending on what you match it up with it can look casual just as well without a blazer.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION