Twitter
Googleplus
Sergei
New_user Sergei is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When Sergei reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Sergei

I am planning on working in the fashion industry, I don’t care if it is designing, advertising, marketing, textile or tailoring, I just want to be a part of it.

So I know you will have to communicate a lot and it will be a bonus if you speak more than one language.

French- I know a lot of designers speak French (Marc Jacobs as an example) and Paris is a fashion city.

Italian- Milan is one of the famous fashion city too, plus there’s lots of famous designers there too.

German- Germany is strong and powerful in its economy

Spanish- I love this language. In fact, I started a little bit of it, but it looks like its not that useful in the fashion industry?

By the way, I could speak English and Chinese.

Also, is french really hard to learn?

posted over 3 years ago
kat_mauvais
Style_council
kat_mauvais

French gets difficult when you get to the imparfait and all of the crazy grammatical stuff. It just takes a ton of studying.

posted over 3 years ago

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

Hey,

I love Spanish too ;) (such a long time since I took the course, needs some refreshment) in Belgium we learn French, German and English on school (main language is Dutch), so I think I might be able to help. From those languages German will be more easy for you… since it’s like Dutch and has a lot of influences from English. For fashion I would go for French… (yes the verbs are difficult, but if you really want something you can get it done AND French people will understand you if you don’t use the imparfait and other things…. you don’t need to be perfect right away. Work on a good base of French and go from there :))

posted over 3 years ago

TheAndreaF
Style_council
TheAndreaF

Probably French. Spanish and French are extremely similar as far as rules and some vocabulary. I definitely think the romance languages like Spanish and French are the easiest for an English-speaker to learn.

posted over 3 years ago

Elaa
Style_council
Elaa

English &French & Italian

posted over 3 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

English is the lingua franca and dominates almost, in all aspects of international trade. Chinese is gaining ground…the rest will be more or less obsolete!

posted over 3 years ago

ChiLpari
Style_council
ChiLpari

I think English& France and italian and german

posted over 3 years ago

Magxox
Style_council
Magxox

Other than English, I think one of the romantic languages adds a little something to your image as well as giving you an edge with the business aspect of the industry. So French, Italian, Spanish I think.

posted over 3 years ago

InBetweenSeams
Style_council
InBetweenSeams

Probably Italian and French.

x Elizabeth / in between seams

posted over 3 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I’m Italian and I can speak English and French….French and Italian have lots in common, so maybe if you learn one you could end up learning another ;) But indeed the grammar is pretty difficult for both…

posted over 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

english, french, italian, maybe even chinese

posted over 3 years ago

emmagabrielle
Style_council
emmagabrielle

Definitely French and Italian, because Paris and Milan are big fashion cities. I’d say that English is a must, and Spanish would be good, too. Fashion is a universal love, so any language that you can speak will be helpful.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION