Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

Hey everyone. I’m looking into getting a new camera. Any advice? What kind of camera do you use?

posted about 6 years ago
apple0hs
Style_council
apple0hs

I use a digital canon rebel 350D (about $450 on amazon)...but if you want a good camera that’s just a point and shoot, I would recommend staying between canon and nikon.

posted about 6 years ago

paperplane
Style_council
paperplane

i have a fujifilm s5700, hopefully upgrading to a dslr soon..

posted about 6 years ago

pixierixie
Style_council
pixierixie

Canon EOS 30D (DSLR) and a Casio Exilim EX-Z77 (point-and-shoot)

posted almost 5 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

Good basics are a Canon Powershot SD1000, or a Powershot of a lower number. They produce really high quality images b/c the number of pixels they are and have a variety of different settings.
More expensive options are definitely Canon EOS and Canon Rebels; but they’re really good.
It depends on what you want in a camera and how much of an investment you’re ready to make. Keep in mind too, a Powershot or another simple digital camera will be small and easy to tote around. Higher quality cameras are usually larger and heavier; making them not as convenient for pictures at parties/vacations/etc.

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve just got a Nikon coolpix s220 camera as a christmas present and it seems like it will be good, though I haven’t actually seen the photos on the computer yet. It has a really strong flash though. I took a picture in my room last night when it was pitch black and the picture is still really bright and clear.

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I have a Nikon d40 and I swear by it.
It was too expensive for an SLR and some of my friends and people I’ve met through art courses that do Photography say it’s a super good camera.

TNcouture
Style_council
TNcouture

Nikon Coolpix S70. pretty good shots if ya ask me.

miss_blackberry
Style_council
miss_blackberry

i have only a pink samsung s760, now its enough for me, but i would like a professional camera in the future

CSWSlaura
Style_council
CSWSlaura

I have a canon powershot, but i hope to update soon. I HAVE TO UPDATE SOON.

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

i own a sanyo e1075 digital camera, but I want a more professional camera, but that’s when i start making more money :)

ElisabethP
Style_council
ElisabethP

I have a Canon Eos 400D, it’s great, and mainly it’s not that expensive and complicated.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION