Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Hello, everyone! I’ve recently been searching for a beaded vintage or vintage-inspired dress for prom, but my search has been a little bit murky. I’m looking for something in a nude or pink color, or red, fully beaded (or a big poofy princessy style like THIS and with a bust size of at least 40". The tough part comes with my budget – 300 bucks, US.

I found THESE at Unique Vintage, and loved the fully beaded ones and the one with the empire waist and the feathers, unfortunately they were WAY out of my price range.

After some scouring on google shopping I came up with THIS and THIS

But I would love to know if any of you chictopians have any extra suggestions, or know of a place that sells dresses more similar to the styles at Unique Vintage. Thank you so much ahead of time for the help!

posted almost 4 years ago
Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

If u can’t really find one that u like u should go to a taylor

ohlivia
Style_council
ohlivia

Look at your local vintage shops, flea markets, Goodwills, etc. You’d be surprised at the goodies you can find! If you need it altered just go to a tailor.

Farmgirlwrites
Style_council
Farmgirlwrites

I have to agree with ohlivia – thrift shops, flea markets and the like are seriously the best way to find little gems like that…

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Ah, it’s a shame the ones at Unique Vintage are so expensive – they’re gorgeous! Local vintage shops are probably a good bet.

Also, I’m doing a little searching on Etsy… I’m having so much fun with this. If you’re willing to compromise on color, you might be able to find more.
^ if you don’t mind shelling out an extra $30

You seem to like 1920’s-inspired gowns… googling “1920s beaded gown” led me to these: here and here

If you want more suggestions, just send me a note!

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Thank you so much Catherinee! I especially love 1,3, and 10!

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

N 3 is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree with etsy being the best bet if you can’t find anything in op shops or local vintage stores! Catherinee I love 1 + 3!!! gorgeous.

ruxiv
Style_council
ruxiv

Bershka

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION