Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Jan9th
Style_council
Jan9th

I am having a lot of trouble getting my picture to the style gallery.
I did the full body shot, I had good lighting, all things recommended for a good picture. I didn’t make it to the style gallery.
I built up to two hundred chic points and uploaded more pictures. Now my outfits are neither in the style gallery nor the new photos section.

Can someone help? Thank you.

posted over 4 years ago
KellyJoy
Style_council
KellyJoy

You do have to get at least 5 chic points from a member of the style council (members with more than 200 chic points) to be included or considered for the style gallery. From what I see, your photos haven’t received enough votes. Your pictures should be included in the new photos section now, but there are a lot of pictures in there, so maybe your overlooking them. I would keep checking back, they’re probably there. I think your outfit is really cute, so I can you a chic point.

posted over 4 years ago

Jan9th
Style_council
Jan9th

Thank you for the reply.
Is there any point where your photos automatically go to the style gallery?

posted over 4 years ago

killbella
Style_council
killbella

wait so you have to have 200 points to upload pics ??

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

You can have any amount of points to upload photos! :D
But to get your photo into the style gallery, you need to recieve 5 ‘chic’ votes in 24 hours, and these have to be from people who have over 200 points. If this happens then your photo just automatically goes into the gallery. But even if you have over 5 votes on one pic it doesn’t mean you’re in, as you may have votes from people who don’t have 200 points yet, or you might have say 4 chic votes and 1 good vote.

Jannine I really love your first outfit! the skirt and shoes are adorable. However I think your second photo is a bit blurry, and the photo is a bit cluttered, this may be why people didn’t vote. And I think your photos would have a better chance of making it if you included your face in the pics, I think people here want to see who’s behind the outfits. Personally I love seeing people’s faces in their pics, someone’s hairstyle or facial expression can pull the whole outfit/photo together, pics with someone’s head cut off seem a bit incomplete to me.

Also, even if your photo does get into the gallery, it also comes under scrutiny from the editors, and they will remove any photo that they don’t think is suitable in terms of composition, lighting etc- if it’s not up to style-icon photo quality i guess. :( I don’t really like this because if you get the 5 votes then you should have a right for your photo stay there! My photos have been removed on several occasions! :(
But anyway good luck with your pics :)

posted over 4 years ago

Nom
Style_council
Nom

So is it three or five votes? In accordance with the first bullet point in the FAQ, it says five. But on the 11th bullet point, it says three.

Your outfits should appear at the end of the ‘new photos’ section as soon as they’re uploaded. The outfits that appear when you click on the ‘new photos’ are the ones that have had the last 24 hours to receive votes. Hope that added to this topic!

posted over 4 years ago

Jan9th
Style_council
Jan9th

Thanks guys!

posted over 4 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

Jannine, i totally know how you feel! i havent even seen my photos on the new photos section :/

posted over 4 years ago

togandtrappings
Style_council
togandtrappings

you can’t see your own photos in the new photos section if you are logged in

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION