Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

Okay… so most of us are in agreement that Uggs, Crocs, and head-to-toe Juicy/A&F/Hollister/etc just don’t fly. So let me ask you, what’s your unpopular fashion opinion?

Here’s mine: T-strap sandals like these are ugly. They make your feet look big.

I also don’t see the appeal of flat boots. Heels (even a low one) or nothing!

Okay, your turn!

posted about 5 years ago
1 2
analoveshogweed
Style_council
analoveshogweed

right now Im really hatin’ all the hippie wannabe style.. with the little braided headband and a buttoned tunic with a little belt…its like a uniform…

and all those above the ankle boots….

posted about 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

^ You mean those boots that stop a bit above your ankle bone? Yeah, I gotta say they aren’t the most flattering…

posted about 5 years ago

grayciee
Style_council
grayciee

I really don’t like those long plaid oversized tunics that look like they belong to men working on farms. They look kind of grungy and I always think they’d be better off as a rag.

posted about 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

OH, and Ebay. Probably the most unpopular opinion I have! But I have no access to a credit/debit card, so browsing feels ultimately pointless to me since there’s only one of the particular item and I hate the concept of bidding.

posted about 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I’m not complaining about eBay seeing as i find 99p Topshop jeans on there, brand new.

posted about 5 years ago

TheAndreaF
Style_council
TheAndreaF

I hate the Vera Bradley stuff like the ugly backpacks all the girls have in my school
I have a pair of crocs, but only because they are comfortable
I hate when larger girls wear very tight tops thinking they look sexy, like seriously flatter YOUR body!
I actually do love nike dunks and skinny jeans
Kanye Glasses are starting to make me mad (Have you ever tried them on?! I can’t see through them!)
I hate mom jeans

I also hate the stupid Birkenstock clog on my avatar! What a shame I’m too lazy to change it now

posted about 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

flip flops are pretty much my only form of footwear in spring/summer… haha i guess that’s pretty unpopular with people on here! though here in melbourne havaianas (the brand of them!) are pretty much a wardrobe staple for most people :P

also i’m not really a fan of really baggy harem pants (like the ones that droop to your calves :S) though i have seen people wear the less droopy ones very well and i wouldn’t mind trying out ones with a slight drop crotch, but a lot of the time when people have the really baggy ones they just look like they’re wearing nappies or something o_0

can’t think of anything else atm :P

posted about 5 years ago

summerlyne
Style_council
summerlyne

watching bad girls re-run right now (the reuion part.2) flo you crazy BITCH:) i love it!! anyway totally hating on; perez hilton’s pink suit, natalie’s big ugly hair, and KENDRA; what are you wearing??

posted over 4 years ago

rainbowsupernova
Style_council
rainbowsuper...

wearing leggings as pants and skin tight dresses that just skim the bum should be banned.

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

just crocs. lol.

posted over 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

South Pole. SOOOO over it.

Ed Hardy. I would say “gag me with a spoon for every time I see it” but that’d mean I’d be barfing up my tonsils.

Boxy dresses/jackets/shirts. Sure, you can nip in the waist with a belt, but I prefer to not literally have the shape of an hourglass.

Pointed shoes. This might be for the fact that I have big ass feet, but they make me so uncomfortable.

Snakeskin printed purses…I really don’t know why, but they bug the hell out of me.

posted over 4 years ago

whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

I despise those Hollister-esque ripped up jeans.
They’re way too pricey, and if you want ripped pants go make your own.

Leg warmers.
Sometimes, they’re alright, but seeing as many girls who live in my area tend to sport leg warmers and flip flops, I’ve grown to dislike it.

Those large hoop earrings that I can pretty much wear as a bangle.

Black and brown.
Not like tan or beige or light brown.
But black and dark brown.

Animal print.
Jeez. Zebra stripes and cheetah print has been overdone.

Heels that aren’t heels.
I mean those ones with a good 5 centimeters of heel.

Ed Hardy.

South Pole.

Hot Topic.

Leggings for pants.

Those retched plaid blouses that tie at the bust and flow outward.
My friend wore one once.
She looked pregnant.

Puffer jackets and vests.

Northface.

Ridiculously tight clothing.

Scene kids. Just in general. You know, those myspace-whore, Hot Topic shopping, Over sized hair kids.

Converse.
They’re okay, but I’m getting tired of seeing them everywhere.

Those headbands that you don’t really use to put your hair back.
The ones you just throw around your head.

Ridiculously tight clothing.

Girl pants on guys.
Seriously, how awkward would that be to be shopping in the same section as some guy?

Girls in skinny jeans that aren’t proportioned to skinny jeans.

Baggy clothes.

Shirts that cut so low, you wonder why there’s even a point to wearing it.

Too short dresses and skirts.

Rhinestones and sequins.

I think I’m going to stop now. Bahaha. (:

posted over 4 years ago

xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

my most unpopular fashion opinion is probably hating beanies on girls….all these dirty hipster girls think it’s so cute but it’s really not :/

posted over 4 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I probably have the most unpopular opinion, but I don’t care for open toed shoes. Just on myself though, on other girls they are fine. I just think it’s weird to have my feet all out… they’re flat and white and icky lol

posted over 4 years ago

julieangel122
Style_council
julieangel122

I was never a fan of the complete fur boots, not entirely sure why. Perhaps it looks a little… strange to me? And not many people know how to pull it off.

posted over 2 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

GoXtina, I said almost exactly the same thing about “walking billboards” in another thread about fashion pet peeves. :P

This is definitely not a popular opinion, but I hate most wedges. Some styles have started to grow on me, but in general I don’t like them.

Animal print. Especially cheetah or leopard print mixed with a bright color like red. UGH. That just looks cheap and tacky to me. I’ll still wear one animal print item at a time, every once in a while, as long as it’s a more natural looking print and not an obviously fake one (I hate those), but I hate how it’s been such a craze for so long. It gets old and overdone after a while.

I despised skinny jeans for a long time, but they grew on me and now I own a pair. Now I only hate the skin tight ones. They have to be loose enough to wrinkle a bit.

“Dresses” that are what I would consider slightly long shirts.

Tanned skin. It just doesn’t look flattering at all on most girls. If you’re naturally dark it looks good; if you’re not, and you try to force it, you’re not doing yourself any favors. Especially if you have blonde hair. Blonde hair and dark skin is a horrible combination 90% of the time, IMO.

I don’t dislike the look of Ed Hardy stuff in particular, but I hate the brand because the art is nothing special at all—it’s very trite—yet the clothes are so overpriced. As an artist it bothers me to see someone so unoriginal duping people into paying tons of money for his cliché images.

Hah, I’m actually a Hot Topic fan, guess that’s not too popular around here…. But I don’t shop there nearly as much as I did in high school.

I like a lot of outfits that would be considered “too matchy” by a lot of people. I also dislike many mix-and-match outfits that look too mix-and-matchy to me. To me, they just look randomly thrown together.

I’m annoyed by people complaining all the time about hipsters. Shut up about hipsters. I don’t think that many people pretentiously go around thinking “how can I look like a hipster today?”

posted over 2 years ago

alatheishtape
Style_council
alatheishtape

Siesie I completely agree with you about tanned skin. I’m really not a fan of it either. Who wants to look like an alligator?

posted about 2 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I don’t like neon or lizard (the texture- eww!) bags

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION