Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kfab
Style_council
kfab

I have nothing against straight guys being in tune with their fashion sense and putting an effort in the way they dress up. But I saw this guy in school in head to toe Chuck Bass fashion and I thought, “There’s something wrong with this”. Is there really something wrong with seeing a “real-life Chuck” or am I just too comfortable seeing guys in board shorts, Vans and Nike?

posted over 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I wouldn’t find it a bit odd too if I saw someone dressed like Chuck. It’s a great look for TV but too much for everday life.

posted over 5 years ago

Australia
Style_council
Australia

i would love it if i ran into a real life chuck bass. i don’t think there’s anything wrong with it at all.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I absolutely adore that man’s wardrobe! It’s dapper and slightly silly, and he wears bright colours and interesting patterns rather well.
I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing somebody out and about in my local town dressed like that… heh. it’d be a nice change.

posted over 5 years ago

quoi_de_neuf
Style_council
quoi_de_neuf

I dont think it would be too odd. I’d actually really like it!

posted over 5 years ago

surlaplage
Style_council
surlaplage

jefferson hack!

posted over 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

That would be a bit crazy to see someone dressed like that in our town.

posted over 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

I’d faint with shock, compose myself, and propose to him.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I’d faint with shock, compose myself, and propose to him.

ROFL you just read my mind. how fab would the wedding outfits be ???

posted over 5 years ago

chocofusion
Style_council
chocofusion

lol i like all the guys wardrobe in gossip girl.

i don’t want to stereotype but almost 99% of the guys is on chictopia who are deemed “chic” are very skinny and all sport the same skinnyjean, blazer, scarf uniform. just an observation.
what about the regular sized guys, where are they in the fashion world?

posted over 5 years ago

TheEchosAnswer
Style_council
TheEchosAnswer

I like when a straight guy has great masculine style. Too many guys seem to think caring about their appearance makes them less of a dude. A guy who has style and can dress himself well is pretty awesome, IMO.
Of course, as with women, well-dressed men can be a bit intimidating to others.

posted over 5 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

Hi

I personally dont like it when men are too feminine , I like it when they look like they have just come casually – ie sexy jeans and a good jacket.

But i like tall athletic types ,

to be fair if you dont like what a bf wears most women will change him eventually and most men need womens advice. If one of my close friends was wearing something that i thought looked really Bad , id suggest to go shopping with me and casualy suggest something else..
A lot of the times its whether men have the confidence to carry off a style. But i HATE it when men wear an outfit all from one shop.

One of the main culprits of this is All Saints – that doesnt look sexy

xx

posted over 5 years ago

lolorenee
Style_council
lolorenee

Warning Stereotypes may be included. Based on personal experience. Apologies to males who are the exceptions***
I love the “Gossip Girl” style for guys, but when you try to take it from TV to real life, you won’t get much past the lifestyle they are emulating; if you even got it that far very literally.
The runway for men is littered with great styles similar to this, but as we know, guys will not take the time, effort, or money to put it in their own wardrobe.
Guys tend to have the mindset that fashion is 1. for women/gay men, 2. going to destroy their manliness, 3. pointless/stupid/waste of time, and 4. easy (graphic t, sneakers, jeans/shorts, and a hat). It’s absurd and frustrating and I am ready for a change. I am sick of seeing guys only dressed decent for church, work, and formal family events.

posted over 5 years ago

derabklatsch
Style_council
derabklatsch

I love uber-fashionable guys… I disagree with the former post. I don’t think most guys who are very fashionable are trying to emulate a certain lifestyle any more than girls. Boys can be glamorous without committing a social faux pas/faking it.

I find that where there are very fashionable women, very fashionable men are around the corner.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION