Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SlitheryDee
Style_council
SlitheryDee

I’m not sure this is the appropriate place to put this topic but I can’t be the only one who thinks the review section on this site is a hot mess. You can’t find anything because the review titles tend towards the ambiguous, and half the time people can’t even agree on how to input the same brand name; for instance, there are two entries for H&M: “H&M” and “H & M.” Not to mention that the search options totally suck. Only three fields: sex, brand and type? I’m sure H&M makes hundreds of dresses, but who wants to click/scroll through all of them to find the right one? There’s multiple unlinked reviews for the same item because nobody bothered to look for a previous entries. We need to able to search by name at least. Not to mention, a large chunk of the reviews aren’t reviews at all. They’re one-liners like “this is really cute” or “This is not my style.” Derp? I think the whole thing needs to be revamped.

If you’ve seen MakeupAlley’s product review section it’s very well organized. They do makeup, not clothes, but there are thousands of reviews on that site and I never have a problem finding anything. I think Chictopia should model their review section after MakeupAlley’s.

TL;DR
The review section is poorly organized and there are a lot of unhelpful reviews.

posted about 4 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree, i’ve noticed that the few times i’ve looked through the review section… I’ve never written a review before, but maybe some people have written short/unhelpful ones just to get the 5 chicpoints!
Maybe it would be better if a list of already mentioned brands could appear when you start typing in the letters, kind of like what happens when you are typing in details for your outfit post…

posted about 4 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I’ve written a review before, but now if I tried to go back and find it, I bet I couldn’t. Plus it really does give them all such generic titles! “Urban Outfitters Cardigan” can refer to SO MANY different pieces of clothing.

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I agree, I’ve had a hard time finding a lot of stuff in the past. maybe it would be better if they kind of set it up in the same way as you have to go to post a picture?

posted about 4 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

I make sure that when I write a review, it is informative, specific and appropriate. Although I don’t know how people are going to appreciate that because there are just too much going on in that page, really. It’s in brand categories like “Topshop Dress” “H&M Skirt”, like where the hell am I going to find a review for a certain specific type of dress that I wanna buy?

posted over 2 years ago

wavytransition
Style_council
wavytransition

I do think the review section is a little all over the place but I think this has more to do with the users writing the reviews. I don’t need a specific item number and photo. I use it more to look for brands and types of clothing (i.e. Guess Jeans). Simply because, I don’t want the same shirt you bought and it more than likely is no longer available by the time I see the review. Plus, reviews of specific items can be found on the sites themselves when you click on the item to buy/view description. If the quality of most shirts by that brand are good, that’s enough for me to take a risk and buy one of my own.

The real issue is the people who post “reviews” and only include one line, like “cute!” or “awesome!” That does nothing for the reader. The whole point is to say what was good about it. It seems like every item has five stars which is unrealistic and unhelpful. I understand we like certain brands, i.e. Forever 21 and H&M but not everything they sell deserves 5 stars. Come on, Forever 21 jeans should not be rated 5 stars by ANYONE unless the only category that matters is price.

I just want to read reviews that are helpful. Maybe the reviews should be moderated or there needs to be a character minimum because by no stretch of the imagination is two words a “review.”

posted about 2 years ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

I agree with you! I am kinda new to chictopia and didn’t quite actually knew what that review section meant at first. but now I get the point. and I hate when I see “.”(just random dots there) it’s useless

posted about 2 years ago

redlipped
New_user redlipped is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When redlipped reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
redlipped

sorry but where is the review section??

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION