SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

Hello lovers,

As you might have noticed, we have rolled out new layout for the single photo display page!
Check out here

What do you all think?

Please let us know
xxCheri

posted about 5 years ago
YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I think we’ll get used to… lol
But…it’s a pity because my past photos, whose sizes were different, now are all blur…is there a way to fix this?
Thanks for your work!

posted about 5 years ago

overtherainbow
Style_council
overtherainbow

I like how you can see the community at the top at the same time as you’re viewing somebody’s page. It will take some getting used to though, since I’m not quite sure where to look for everything yet!

But the one large photo looks good. And it’s kinda cool how you can see all the related photos at once without having to scroll down the page. :)

posted about 5 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

I really like it! But I have the same issue as YOUTHAGAINSTFASHION. My old pictures look blurry. :( Also, the way the tags are formatted now is a little messy, I think. I liked the old format better where the brands and descriptions are listed together.

Thanks for your work!

posted about 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I was so confused at first but now I like it. It’s very clean but the tag thing is weird.

posted about 5 years ago

justluciii
Style_council
justluciii

I also have to agree with the way the tags are formatted. I also like how the additional photos are thumbnails, this makes it so much neater.

:)

It’s going to take some getting used to.

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 37007 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When 37007 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!

i guess i don’t like the way that the other pics became small. i post other pics to document other angles and details of my outfit. thumbnails just don’t show those fine details

posted about 5 years ago

kkkeiOK
Style_council
kkkeiOK

I suppose I’ll get used to it, but for now it’s quite disconcerting and I don’t quite feel so friendly towards it.. lol. But I do like the tags :)

But I have the issue with it being not so viewer friendly as before. Maybe it’s just me, but everything looks so huge on my monitor screen. Last time all the main stuff used to fit nicely into one glance, and I really liked it. Not so fond of the supporting pictures being thumbnails either. I just don’t bother to click to look at them more closely anymore. Also, the Times New Roman headings – but I think that is just a html fault. However, my biggest problem is that the bigger pictures amplify the problem of picture quality for those who do not have the equipment to take pictures using a higher megapixel camera.

But I suppose give it some time and most will get used to it. Thanks for the effort!

posted about 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

The tagging is a great feature, but now you can’t identify the single item all on one line, so it can be a bit tough to figure out exactly what a person is wearing unless you’re reading super carefully.

posted about 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

hmm… i don’t mind it, but i think the pages and pictures take a lot longer to load. i’m on a slow internet connection so i’m a lot more reluctant to look at the separate pages that the individual photos are on. i think i liked the old format where you could look at the main photo in more detail if you wanted to, now the large size photo is all you can see. i’m also more reluctant to click on the thumbnails just because it take so long for them to load for me :[
has anyone else on a slow connection noticed the page takes longer to load, or am i just being more impatient than usual?
i’m also not really keen on the tagging thing, it makes it harder to find out what separate items people are wearing, unless you read them closely..

posted about 5 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

Seems like the tag things was fixed! Thanks! :D

posted about 5 years ago

victoriaah
Style_council
victoriaah

I haven’t been a Chictopia user that long, so I haven’t really ‘gotten used’ to the old page format – I do like the way the extra pictures are thumbnails though – less scrolling is better!

posted about 5 years ago

Michael993
Style_council
Michael993

I like the new layout, but what I noticed a few days ago was that the new font for the photo title was serif, which looked really good against all the sans-serif on this site, but today I noticed that the photo title is back to Arial, unfortunately. That’s really trivial, but it was just a little something I noticed.

posted about 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

haha, like everyone else, i’ll get used to it. but my one suggestion is that there should be a thumbnail for the main photo, because as it is, once you click on the supporting photos, you can’t go back to view the main picture anymore unless you go back to the blog.

posted about 5 years ago

Tashhh
Style_council
Tashhh

“but my one suggestion is that there should be a thumbnail for the main photo, because as it is, once you click on the supporting photos, you can’t go back to view the main picture anymore unless you go back to the blog.”

Actually, you don’t need to click through the thumbnails to scroll through all the photos. If you click the larger photo, it’ll then change to the next photo. I don’t know if I’m making sense, but if you’re viewing the last thumbnail, click the large photo and it will go back to the main one.

posted about 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

oh i see. i’m good then.

posted about 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Still seems a little inconvenient to not be able to just click to the main photo again, though.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION