Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
StealingBeauty
Style_council
StealingBeauty

It looks like spit up… what happened to the old one? I hate the way the outfits are displayed super small and are crowded/overwhelmed with notifications of my every move.

Basically, your picture has no appeal unless they are clicked on or found in the style gallery.

Is anyone else feeling the same way? :(

posted over 4 years ago
Katy90
Style_council
Katy90

yeah i felt the same way as you too. I prefer the old layout (our outfit can easyly be seen).

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I don’t like it either. It makes the page look too crowded and doesn’t draw attention to the outfits, which is supposed to be what this site is mainly about.

posted over 4 years ago

StealingBeauty
Style_council
StealingBeauty

i’m really surprised that they would change it to this. I’m also surprised more ppl aren’t complaining about it. If the site remains like this, I’m definitely looking to post pictures somewhere else :S … this really kills the chictopia for me

posted over 4 years ago

folle_femme
Style_council
folle_femme

I’m totally in favor of making a petition!! How will we proceed?

posted over 4 years ago

Mjau
Style_council
Mjau

I hate the new layout as well.. Suddenly browsing my favourite users wasn’t that fun anymore.

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

definitely do not like it.

posted over 4 years ago

StealingBeauty
Style_council
StealingBeauty

@jerseyferrari A petition … now that’s what i’m talking about.

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

yeah i hate that the photos are so small now >: (

posted over 4 years ago

5inchandup
Style_icon
5inchandup

Sorry not a fan either… chictopia is all about the outfit.. so why make the pictures smaller????

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Stealing_Beauty: there are many more complaints here: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/264746-Announcing+New+Improvements+to-purple-accessories
so we’re not the only ones.

I have to admit, I’m startin to realise that this new layout does have an upside to it. The smaller pictures does mean that people are more likely to get more votes and comments now as people do have to go to the voting page to view pics. Though the whole having your comments on display etc. does totally suck it does seem like this new layout will help new and less popular members to get their pictures viewed and voted on, which has been a big problem recently.

posted over 4 years ago

StealingBeauty
Style_council
StealingBeauty

@splashofcolour i see what you mean. I read everything in the link you sent me.

I think there should be a separation between comments/recent activities and our blog pictures. Maybe a tab of some sort, because having the comments all over takes away from the look of the blog.

Another thing, I can see how having small thumbsnails can benefit people in the sense that you have to click to see the outfit. For someone like me, it’s not a benefit however, because If I see a big thumbnail I’m more tempted to click than if I see a mini square. Maybe if they increased the size of the thumbnail a bit, took away the comments from our main blog pages… this way more outfits would be displayed on one page… It’s going to take a long while to get use to this.

posted over 4 years ago

CRiSPYlala
Style_council
CRiSPYlala

glad I’m not the only one… they need to change it back. I dunno who thought this would be a good idea. I dun like how clustered it looks!

posted over 4 years ago

DustInMyWind
Style_council
DustInMyWind

I don’t like the new layout and agree with all of you. I’m totally in favor of a petition.

posted over 4 years ago

gensaddiction
Style_council
gensaddiction

I hate the new lay out either. Who would we send the petition to?

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I don’t really like it :( I don’t come on Chictopia to see all the ‘feeds’ on people’s profiles and all their different ‘actions.’ I don’t really care about who is commenting on whos page.
The main reason I come on here is to see the outfit photos, but this is severely limited by the new profile page. It looks too cluttered and messy. The old layout was clean and easy to use and view photos!
I know that the small photos are meant to encourage people to click on it and go to a new page… but I don’t think I am going to be doing that! I think it will take up a lot more time, and those who have a slow internet connection might find it annoying…
But I do like the new sidebars with the favourite photos, fave users, etc. Would be great if the photos could go back to their original size or at least bigger! :)

posted over 4 years ago

irinaselfish
Style_council
irinaselfish

aw i prefer the old one too. much easier to navigate.

posted over 4 years ago

libys11
Style_council
libys11

the good thing is everything is in one page. and i personally get to see more of the person’s chictopia account, than just one picture..

however, i find that the small images are not my thing. i preferred having the big images.

posted over 4 years ago

channierie
Style_council
channierie

yeah! totally! me too, i feel the same way.. it has its advantages and disadvantages. but i prefer the layout where it displays all the posts, rather than clicking a picture just to see a better view of them :S

posted over 4 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

oh! and the my chictopia page has just changed…

posted over 4 years ago

folle_femme
Style_council
folle_femme

I saw it..don’t like it at all..the comments other people leave for us are hidden in a small corner and you have to click it to see if someone commented. I also can’t find my inbox and I hate the fact that the outfits I post keep appearing and disapearring, yesterday were mising 3, today they appeared and others were missing.
A limit of 40 comments per day is also a new change. Well sometimes I comment more then 40 per day, coz I have lots of friends and when they post I like to say my opinion.
I think this changes aren’t liked the majority of us.

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I just realized today that I can’t comment more than 40 times a day too :( That’s lame! I’m not spamming, I’m encouraging other people and their styles … Now the site has put a cap on that. Boo.

I also was super confused with the new “my chictopia” page layout

posted over 4 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I just started a topic about the comment limit… :(
That’s so sad!

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 111301 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 111301 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I absolutely hate the changes. The new Chictopia just isn’t the same one that I know and love. I’m deleting my account and going somewhere else.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION