Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
problematique
Style_council
problematique

How do you guys/girls take photos of your outfits? Do you use a tripod or have someone take your picture? I’m trying to figure out the best method. Thus far, my tripod is aaawesome but sometimes I can’t get my camera to focus correctly and/or it’s hard to get my shoes in the shot as well.

What do you guys recommend for getting the best pictures?

posted almost 5 years ago
jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

ive been wanted to know the same answer too

marisa03
Style_council
marisa03

best thing to do is get someone else to take them, preferably outside with lots of natural light. but in a pinch i balance my camera on a random surface with the self-timer lol

PinkChocolateBreak
Style_council
PinkChocolat...

I was wondering the same since my pics sometimes look kind of blurry and the light isn’t good as well

TheFashionJunkie
Style_council
TheFashionJu...

I balance mine on random objects if i’m in the house, but if i’m out and about, i just ask people to take shots of me, nobody has objected so far!

KLVG
Style_council
KLVG

A tripod works, but I find it pretty inconvenient to lug around all the time.

Find some places with high up, flat surfaces, and self-timer it with a flash or excellent natural lighting. Take lots of photos in case some of them don’t work or are blurry.

Also, ask coworkers, friends or family to take them! It seems awkward to do, but it’s not at all. Documentation of style may inspire others.

For me, there’s a monastery up near my school that has perfectly set benches that I just put my camera on.
Scout around your town and see if there’s somewhere that gets good light and has these kinds of surfaces if it’s awkward asking somebody to take your photos.

Tripods are also great, especially if you take them in your backyard or inside your house. You can adjust the settings, height, etc.

If you are really into photography, consider investing in a hand held remote for your camera, that way you control when your camera takes the photo. They cost around $40 at some electronic stores…maybe check that out?

Good luck!

problematique
Style_council
problematique

Awesome thanks so much girls! :)

sany
Style_council
sany

Thanks…I was wondering that too… I hope the pictures are going to be much better… Love u all..xo..xo..

Kristen_Bee
Style_council
Kristen_Bee

If you are by yourself and you want to use the self timer, its best to use a plain background, not a background that has depth because that’s what is making you blurry when it takes the photo. The solution: You can either have someone take your photos (which for me is impossible) or place an object where you are going to stand and then it will focus on that OR put up a blanket or cloth as your background and/or on a plain wall this will help the focusing problems

REPLY TO DISCUSSION