SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chuy
Style_council
chuy

Hi everyone,
I’d like to get comments from you fashionistas out there as to whether square toed shoes are a fashion go or a fashion faux? Are men’s square toed shoes chic or geek? Here are some samples for your comments:
Kenneth Cole Men’s Show Biz (square toe)
http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.as…
Kenneth Cole Men’s City Slicker (square toe)
OR
Kenneth Cole Men’s Five Card Stud
Kenneth Cole Sharp Dresser
Which one do you prefer?

posted about 6 years ago
lulu
Style_council
lulu

Hi Brian
Thanks for posting on the wrong forum. To answer your question. Square toed shoes are ugly. Really really really ugly. I don’t even have to click on any of them bc you said the word square toed. I’m serious Brian. Stop it.

posted about 6 years ago

lulu
Style_council
lulu

xoxoxox Lulu

posted about 6 years ago

fashiontherapist
Style_council
fashionthera...

hi..ohh i might disagree cuz sometimes they look good if they’re not too pointy!! square edgy shaped may polish the pants (from down)!!

posted about 6 years ago

chuy
Style_council
chuy

I ain’t too good at readin’. Where shud I had put my poast? Ask a stylist? I didn’t want no stylist respondin’. I talk to the people for the people. By the way, I can read this… “Please always be courteous.” Plus, I did fail to put a dash in square-toed.
Plus, you didn’t answer my question. I didn’t ask if they were ugly or not. I gave you choices of go or faux, chic or geek. Nowhere did I ask for ugly. xoxoxoxox =)

posted about 6 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I prefer the last one. It looks less “square” :-)

posted about 6 years ago

saveallen
Style_council
saveallen

Well, I don’t want to lead you astray and I don’t consider myself to be the most stylish person, however I actually prefer the first one (KC Show Biz) ... actually, I may have that same pair.
Square-toes for men seem to run from very narrow to a very wide squared front. I prefer to be somewhere in the middle and like the look of the Show Biz shoe. I’ve also found Kenneth Cole shoes to be comfortable and a slightly squared front is also much more comfortable for someone with a wide foot (like me!).

posted about 6 years ago

leedaniel
Style_council
leedaniel

maybe you can keep 1 pair of square toe shoes around just in case it becomes trendy again? I have never worn them but they look uncomfortable.

posted about 6 years ago

ledh
Style_council
ledh

I think the more pointy ones are more formal, whereas the square toed ones are between formal and not-too-formal. like casual officewear…

posted about 6 years ago

_alto
Style_council
_alto

The pointy ones are a okay. I had to wear a pair of square boots when I went through a business training at school. This was due to me being out of control when it came to purchasing the shoes myself. They had a comfortable insole but the toe was very close to unbearable.

posted about 6 years ago

athena
Style_council
athena

i agree that the square toed ones are “business casual” but i don’t think they’re shoot-you-in-the-face ugly… I actually think that the right (rounded) square-toed shoe can look good with the right outfit.

posted about 6 years ago

iworkforcookies
Style_council
iworkforcookies

I think they are still great, as long as the toe (Square part) is flat and not “bulky”.
But it depends on what your wearing, definitely would be great with slacks. But try stuff out.

posted about 6 years ago

changology
Style_council
changology

http://www.net-a-porter.com/images/products/308…
innovative.

posted about 6 years ago

StyleHonestly
Style_council
StyleHonestly

I don’t particularly like square toes…they have to be less square if that makes sense. I don’t think they are chic or geek because I don’t like them and i think geek can look cool, chic is obviously cool but square toes are not so cool. LOL it depends on the outfit really. How bout I don’t really care? LOL

posted about 6 years ago

frieda
Style_council
frieda

the pointier the better :) I like last ones.. not a fan of the first

posted about 6 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I am not sure what is wrong with square toe shoes. I have one pair of square toe boots that I bought from Via Spiga over a decade ago and I still like them but I guess they must not be in fashion anymore according to the comments here but that wouldn’t keep me from wearing them as I love them.

posted over 1 year ago

jasminesandrea
New_user jasminesandrea is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jasminesandrea reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jasminesandrea

I actually bought the last one for my brother on his birthday. Probably, I’ve chosen it because of it’s attraction and it is really very comfortable and with an amazing quality of inner sole.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION