Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
bunnydollie
Style_council
bunnydollie

I have seen that almost all here have full body photos.. I’m wondering on how they do that.. Do they have someone else to take photos of them? Or do they use the self-timer in their camera? It is possible, but how come they manage to get a full-body picture? I have been trying self-timer, yet I could not produce a full-body photo. Help?

posted about 5 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

you’re right, most people on here get someone to take photos of them, or they use the self timer on their camera.
personally i use self timer since i don’t have anyone to take pics of me. you just need to have your camera far away enough from you to produce a full length photo of yourself. try putting your camera vertically on top of a table/bench/anything else and standing a few metres away from it. it just takes some time and some practice shots to figure out how far away you need to stand, and how high/low the camera should be placed. if you are using the self timer on the camera, then you should have enough time to place the camera somewhere, press the button and stand in position before the photo takes :D
it’s probably best if someone is able to take your photos, but some people get a bit self conscious about this :P
good luck and keep trying :)

posted about 5 years ago

viridianduchess
Style_council
viridianduchess

I know what you mean. I don’t like asking my husband to take the pics of me—he said he doesn’t mind but I just hate bothering him and then being picky about it LOL. I use the self timer on mine but that does take a little work( might not be anything in the area to hold the camera up). Or you could try using a tripod so you’ll be able to position it anywhere and probably focuse the camera a little better too.

posted about 5 years ago

bunnydollie
Style_council
bunnydollie

@Coldlight: But what if the camera falls, when it’s placed vertically? I’m using an SLR one. :)

posted about 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

hmm… you could try propping it up by putting a book underneath the lens, so it doesn’t fall over, but that’s probably not the best.
in that case i’d just take photos with the camera normally (as in horizontally) and then crop the photos. that’s what i do when i’m take pics using a tripod. you might have to stand further away from the camera, and cropping the pics can be a bit of hassle but there shouldn’t be any other problems, (unless your camera has a very low resolution then the images might not be as defined when you zoom in.)

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION