Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

When I look through the comments on rewards, sometimes I’m really shocked to see people going on and on about the high amount of chic points that might be asked for an item, and how they need to lower it. I think people need to stop for a minute and realize that these items are being given to us, practically free, or at a reduced price if you’re paying tax on it or something, and chic points are something you work for on this website. You’re really not being put at a financial disadvantage to say that something is way to expensive. Second, stop and think about how valuable some of these items are. 4000 points for cashmere or 6000 for suede is not a lot to ask when the similar items in question can cost a lot of money, sometimes hundreds on the real market.

And that YSL ring? Of course its 50k, its YSL! I’m sure chictopia put it up as a means of getting chictopians to participate in the site more, and with the limit on how many points a day you can earn, no one is going to go around posting one-word crap on peoples’ pages.

My basic point is, when you’re being offered quality items just for going around on a site and being fashionable, you shouldn’t complain…

posted almost 4 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I get your point but at the same time, I don’t think its wrong to express honest opinions about the rewards. Isn’t that what the comment button is for? When I don’t like a reward, I usually won’t comment on it but that doesn’t mean I don’t have a right to do so.

magali
Style_council
magali

I agree with boredstephanie.

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I agree. I do think it’s alright to say something about not having enough points, but why be bitter about it, you know?

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

i agree about saying what you want about something. but i dont like when people complain about not having enought points and that something is too much. like its free. get over it

JessyDust
Style_council
JessyDust

Chictopia’s version of money is points. People complain about things being expensive ALL the time in real life so I don’t see the big difference between that and complaining about rewards. Reading the complaints doesn’t bother me at all because I know everybody here has a right to their own opinion. As long as nobody’s rude about, I don’t see a problem with it. : )

And regarding the comments saying it’s “free”, I think that if you have to work to earn any form of payment, it’s not free. I’m just saying.

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Agreed.

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I’m been guilty of posting “oh I wish I had that many points!” because I like an item that much. I hope that doesn’t get taken as a complaint. :-(

But I totally agree that this is a really cool community and opportunity, and that they are indeed REWARDS, so they are something that have to be earned. They are giving them to us for free, but they’re also not. You’ve got to try and post often, post quality and leave quality feedback for others. Which is what people in the community should be aspiring to do anyway, in my opinion.

lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

I do agree!

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

i agree to both sides.

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I love the Chic Rewards. People forget that they’re free. :) Be thankful.

Tsiriano
Style_council
Tsiriano

I agree with you Trinnah!

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

I agree with both trinnah and boredstephanie.

I think everybody is entitled to express their opinion whether they think an item is too high or too low etc.
Just do it in a tasteful way :)

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think the chic rewards are great! I agree and I do think it’s silly when people say “this item is not worth the points” or “they should lower the points.” Even when people say they don’t want to ‘waste’ their points on something!
Like Reybeltane said, they’re rewards, not everyone can expect to redeem lots of things if they haven’t put in effort in honestly participating in the site.. Personally I don’t go on this site to earn chic points + get rewards, Even if we didn’t earn any points for it I would still be participating in the forum, commenting on other people’s pics etc. So for me the rewards are free. Unfortunately I think there are some people who only joined the site & comment on people’s pics so they can redeem stuff. I guess it’s good that there is a cap on points so people have to be dedicated to the site!! :P If someone wants to spend hours on here just so they can get one cardigan or something… hehe

ScarletRaymundo
Style_council
ScarletRaymundo

ABSOLUTELY!!!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION