Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

you have your own style, because fashion is your identity representative. but people around you don’t like your style, they look at you from up to toe like you’re an alien, although you think that your style is good and people in Chictopia like it. what would you do?

posted almost 4 years ago
1 2 4
thatyellowtutu
Style_council
thatyellowtutu

You shouldn’t care about what other people say. Dressing up is a way of expressing yourself. It’s your way of showing others your personality, and if you change the way you dress up just because other people don’t like it, it’s like your changing your whole personality/identity too.

posted over 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

dont care about people, mom though doesnt like my style:)) its funny

posted about 2 years ago

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

Eh, fuck ’em! Who cares! :D

posted about 2 years ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Style truly is an individual thing. I try not to criticize others’ fashion choices too much, because I know I wouldn’t want anyone criticizing mine.

posted almost 2 years ago

muxin
Style_council
muxin

Some people criticize my style but most of them often appreciate it. We can never please everyone what’s important is we please ourselves.

posted almost 2 years ago

PuckVR
Style_council
PuckVR

If you have a different style than most people, you know you’re gonna get looked at and people may say nasty things. I mean, if – for example – you dye your hair neon-green with orange spots and then start crying because you don’t like to be stared at YOU are the idiot, not the people who stare! If you can’t handle a bit of criticism, then don’t dress like that!! It’s YOUR choice, so YOU will have to live with it! The end. :)

posted over 1 year ago

fancypantslenny
Style_council
fancypantslenny

Give them the mental finger and keep wearing what you like. Everybody has a diffrent style andn there are no “rules” as to what you should or shouldn’t be wearing. At the end of the day, you should be dressing to please yourself and forget what anybody has to say about it.

posted over 1 year ago

JMJohnnyM
New_user JMJohnnyM is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When JMJohnnyM reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
JMJohnnyM

Looks like noone replied to this thread I just found in 11 months, so here we go!

Whenever I go out into the town dressed the way I do, I do get stares here and there, but it don't bother me! I just walk past them! Damn what they think! Now when I'm in the nightclub dressed in my shiny outfits and long haired wigs, at times I may get some drunk dude trying to hit on me until I say something to him in my manly voice, then he says "sorry, sir!" (lol)

But the way I dress is how I like to dress, and I don't dress the way other people tell me to dress unless I'm at work and have to wear my work uniform or a suit and tie for certain events/functions! 

posted 5 months ago

Chessy
Style_council
Chessy

^ Lol at your clubbing story

About 2 years ago, after sitting on the subway many times looking frazzled or shabby and looking at other girls thinking "I wish I had thought of that,"  I made a silent resolution of being "that girl who's wardrobe everybody envies" and I have to say, at least by Italian tastes, I have achieved it. Although I.m sorry for my wallet, I love my wardrobe and it appears other people I've met do too, including my students. Whether they like it or not it is very distinctive, it appears to have left an impression, it's apparently very clear to everyone what is "my style." 

I listen to critiscm however, of necessary. I am a language teacher and I taught in many different enviroments, it's important to respect the dress code or find one that does not put off your students or their workplace.

posted 4 months ago
1 2 4
REPLY TO DISCUSSION