Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
adrienne22
Style_council
adrienne22

Anybody here attends Parsons? I heard that it’s a outstanding school but it’s rather pricey isn’t it? I mean, $36,800, too much in my opinion. But maybe it’s because of the fantastic faculty, amazing workshops by extremely talented designers etc. And the fact that they have a ton of famous & highly talented grads: Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Narciso Rodriguez, Alexander Wang, Anna Sui, Jason Wu, Jenna Lyons (J.Crew), Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez (Proenza Schouler), Behnaz Serafpour, Doo Ri Chung, Sophie Buhai and Lisa Mayock (Vena Cava), Flora Gill and Alexa Adams (Ohne Titel), Prabal Gurung, Steven Meisel, Thakoon Panichgul, Carmen Marc Valvo. So, I was just wondering whether maybe it’s worth the money to attend Parsons.

posted almost 4 years ago
KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

Wow ! You’re gonna study fashion design? Thats so amazing ! I wish I could be like you!

Btw Im so sorry I didnt provide any help.

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Parsons, while it is an amazing school, is also a school where many talented, RICH designers go. The way I’ve always seen it, if you can’t make it as a designer without the help of a big fancy school, then you can’t make it at all. You could just as easily go to FIT or FIDM and become the designer you want to be, you just need the drive and desire. If you like the New York scene, FIT will offer all the same things as Parsons, at a quarter of the price. Sure, Parsons can hook you up into a few extra parties, but you can do that all on your own by knowing who to talk to, how to talk, and when to talk. I myself actually decided to go to a local school, get my english major, find a job in a larger city, then open my own boutique and work it on my own :) Once again, its all up to you. :)

adrienne22
Style_council
adrienne22

@KaylaMeow, maybe. I’m still deciding between fashion journalism or design. And it’s okay. =)

@chicchica_bonita, thank you for your insight, I find it extremely helpful. I’m truly inspired by your story too. =)

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

good luck to you! I think studying fashion would be a great career move! I think people HAVE to study what they’re interested in doing no matter how rich they are. So if you want to make it as a designer, pick the school that interests you and would be best for your style!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION