Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
twinkl
Shop_seller_2 twinkl is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
twinkl

AH!!!!! Well, my prom was 5 years ago, but I was just remembering how horribly cliche my entire ensemble was. Shiny pinkish purple taffeta with a gold luster; strapless; floor-length; and beaded all over. Ugh. I should have spent that $350 on a cute designer dress that would last me through my 20’s.

Not to mention the horrible updo. Stupid salon. Made me look like a traditional Korean queen from the 5th century.

How did you style yourself for your prom, or how do you plan to style yourself for your upcoming prom?

posted over 5 years ago
whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

You poor thing! I would love to attend a prom, but as of right now I’m friendless and home schooled, so no prom in sight for me. I still have a year and a half though to either find a boy to take me or to attend school again and go myself. I have an idea what I’d wear though. I always imagined a simple short white dress with a pretty structure and design. I’d probably love to do my hair up with a flower too

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I have a year until I can go to my own junior prom, so I’m thinking I might wear this green 70’s vintage dress I have… and for senior prom I want to either make my own dress, go the vintage route or get a dress I know I would wear again.

posted over 5 years ago

trishasaurus
Style_council
trishasaurus

I didn’t go to my jr prom but my senior prom is just months away and i already have my complete outfit planned out :) and in my closet. haha

posted over 5 years ago

Superbeckyy
Style_council
Superbeckyy

Not going to mine :D
I might go to my boyfriend’s prom at his school just for fun.

posted over 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

Yeah mine were a couple years ago. Great time and wish I could do it again! I would say my dresses were nothing outrageous but glam and timeless. Can’t go wrong with that! I say, if you have a chance to go to yours, do it. You may regret it later on!

posted over 5 years ago

antO_
Style_council
antO_

well my school formal/senior prom was like 2yrs.
i wore a black suit/pink shirt/dark pink tie/black shoes(first time and last time)
it was decent and was able to pull it off for the night :D

i got my idea from several gossip magazines, and collectin pictures from the grammy/oscars etcs..

strongly agree with Catherinee, wear something you would wear again, since ull be spending a lot of money for just a night, why not invest it for yrs :D

-antO_

posted over 5 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

mine was three years ago…i went in a red fifties style dress with white polkadots, a sweetheart necklince and full circle skirt with a black netted petticoat underneath.
and super high peep toes and a black waisted belt.

i really loved it but was a little disappointed cos i had my heart set on black rather than red. and i did get a few too many minnie mouse comparisons!!

posted over 5 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

mine was three years ago…i went in a red fifties style dress with white polkadots, a sweetheart necklince and full circle skirt with a black netted petticoat underneath.

i really loved it but was a little disappointed cos i had my heart set on black rather than red. and i did get a few too many minnie mouse comparisons!!

posted over 5 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

posted over 5 years ago

lovelycontradictions
Style_council
lovelycontra...

Mine is in a couple of months! I have my dress already (elizabeth & james), but I still have no idea which kind of shoes/bag I want to bring. Hopefully this dress will last a long time afterwards at least.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Mine was 5 years ago. I wore a simple gold bridesmaid dress, it was floor length with spaghetti straps and had a chiffon shrug to go with it. The hair-do was tragic though, corn rows across the top of my head to the crown and the rest curled lol.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I wore this : http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_88bbf48ceaf2a0ee2fc48187cb4e6836.jpg

posted over 5 years ago

coutureinacup
Style_council
coutureinacup

I did that thing of waiting a while and not buying nice dresses months before, as i thought it was too early. Then when i started looking, i couldnt find anything, so eventually ended up panic buying a knee length black dress with a pink ribbon belt, and not a lot of styling. If i had it all again, I would use my (hopefully improved) fashion knowledge and find somehing nicer, with more time to go!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION