Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
twinkl
Style_council
twinkl

AH!!!!! Well, my prom was 5 years ago, but I was just remembering how horribly cliche my entire ensemble was. Shiny pinkish purple taffeta with a gold luster; strapless; floor-length; and beaded all over. Ugh. I should have spent that $350 on a cute designer dress that would last me through my 20’s.

Not to mention the horrible updo. Stupid salon. Made me look like a traditional Korean queen from the 5th century.

How did you style yourself for your prom, or how do you plan to style yourself for your upcoming prom?

posted over 9 years ago
whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

You poor thing! I would love to attend a prom, but as of right now I’m friendless and home schooled, so no prom in sight for me. I still have a year and a half though to either find a boy to take me or to attend school again and go myself. I have an idea what I’d wear though. I always imagined a simple short white dress with a pretty structure and design. I’d probably love to do my hair up with a flower too

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I have a year until I can go to my own junior prom, so I’m thinking I might wear this green 70’s vintage dress I have… and for senior prom I want to either make my own dress, go the vintage route or get a dress I know I would wear again.

posted over 9 years ago

trishasaurus
Style_council
trishasaurus

I didn’t go to my jr prom but my senior prom is just months away and i already have my complete outfit planned out :) and in my closet. haha

posted over 9 years ago

Superbeckyy
Style_council
Superbeckyy

Not going to mine :D
I might go to my boyfriend’s prom at his school just for fun.

posted over 9 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

Yeah mine were a couple years ago. Great time and wish I could do it again! I would say my dresses were nothing outrageous but glam and timeless. Can’t go wrong with that! I say, if you have a chance to go to yours, do it. You may regret it later on!

posted over 9 years ago

antO_
Style_council
antO_

well my school formal/senior prom was like 2yrs.
i wore a black suit/pink shirt/dark pink tie/black shoes(first time and last time)
it was decent and was able to pull it off for the night :D

i got my idea from several gossip magazines, and collectin pictures from the grammy/oscars etcs..

strongly agree with Catherinee, wear something you would wear again, since ull be spending a lot of money for just a night, why not invest it for yrs :D

-antO_

posted over 9 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

mine was three years ago…i went in a red fifties style dress with white polkadots, a sweetheart necklince and full circle skirt with a black netted petticoat underneath.
and super high peep toes and a black waisted belt.

i really loved it but was a little disappointed cos i had my heart set on black rather than red. and i did get a few too many minnie mouse comparisons!!

posted over 9 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

mine was three years ago…i went in a red fifties style dress with white polkadots, a sweetheart necklince and full circle skirt with a black netted petticoat underneath.

i really loved it but was a little disappointed cos i had my heart set on black rather than red. and i did get a few too many minnie mouse comparisons!!

posted over 9 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

posted over 9 years ago

lovelycontradictions
Style_council
lovelycontra...

Mine is in a couple of months! I have my dress already (elizabeth & james), but I still have no idea which kind of shoes/bag I want to bring. Hopefully this dress will last a long time afterwards at least.

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Mine was 5 years ago. I wore a simple gold bridesmaid dress, it was floor length with spaghetti straps and had a chiffon shrug to go with it. The hair-do was tragic though, corn rows across the top of my head to the crown and the rest curled lol.

posted over 9 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I wore this : http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_88bbf48ceaf2a0ee2fc48187cb4e6836.jpg

posted over 9 years ago

coutureinacup
Style_council
coutureinacup

I did that thing of waiting a while and not buying nice dresses months before, as i thought it was too early. Then when i started looking, i couldnt find anything, so eventually ended up panic buying a knee length black dress with a pink ribbon belt, and not a lot of styling. If i had it all again, I would use my (hopefully improved) fashion knowledge and find somehing nicer, with more time to go!

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION