Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FactoryInIt
Style_council
FactoryInIt

Just a fair warning I am new to Chictopia, so if this is the inaccurate forum to post in for this particular topic I apologize.
Anyways, I just got a new pair of glasses, and I sort of regret it now. So I would like your guys opinions on them. I defiantly will post a photo of me with them around tomorrow if necessary.
Here is the issue, I am not exactly sure if my style of clothing actually works well with the pair of glasses. Since I usually wear v neck sweaters, crew necks, polos, button ups, the generic H&M look I assume it would somewhat clash. Also my face shape doesn’t really look so great with them, and when I smile it looks awkward. And last but not least my hair ruins the whole look. So as a side note any hair recommendation would help.
They are actually one inch in height. So you could see they resemble the geek chic trend.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x106/myhappy…
Here is a photo of me with them.
Just a note my skin is actually a tad darker.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x106/myhappy…

posted about 6 years ago
whitedayburnday
Style_council
whitedayburnday

Those are cute! I got new glasses and I regret mine because I had wish Id gotten ones like those.. I use to have them and they were nice. A good hairstyle might be cut across bangs and very linear hair all the same length.. Or if you have long hair you can just messily through it up in a bun or something and leave some hanging. The biggest problem you may have with them is that they clutter your face and if that is so then dont get bangs but pull bangs back if you have them and try and leave your face as wide open as possible.

posted about 6 years ago

whitedayburnday
Style_council
whitedayburnday

you should post a pic of you wearing them to help people give you better advice ><

posted about 6 years ago

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

IMHO (i’ve been wearing glasses pretty much my whole life), i think that the most important thing when getting glasses is that it compliments your face shape. it doesn’t matter if the glasses are ‘hip’ or ‘chic’ by themselves….if it doesn’t look right on you and you don’t feel good about it, then they’re not the glasses for you. you can google “glasses face shape” and determine what best goes with your face shape, skin tone, and wardrobe. (e.g. i have a slightly square face, so i counteracted that with slightly round, slightly cat-eyed frames. had i gotten the square emo glasses that everyone seems to be wearing, it just would’ve made my face look wider than it already is. also, i have petite features, so i didn’t want to overwhelm those with thick frames.)

posted about 6 years ago

freshair
Style_council
freshair

^basically what she said.
Before my current pair, I had a pair what was slightly too small for my face (i have a wide face, it seems?) and it made look that much larger because instead of complimenting, it accentuated.

posted about 6 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

They are really cute! Good for you!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION