Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
natalieeenatalie
Style_council
natalieeenat...

I buy a new motorcycle jacket now? I mean is it worth buying it if I am just going to look ridiculous soon? Like I said, I don’t freak over being super in style, mostly I have a very set style. I just don’t want to look like I’m trying to be fashionable but I totally missed the time. I know it was more of a fall 2008 thing. I would hate to invest in one now if this downfall is anticipated.

Should I buy a faux fur coat instead? Both and return the over the knee boots I just ordered? Although I’m not sure if I could get away with wearing the fur at my very closed-minded high school, although I would love to.

Bleh when did I end up caught up in this mess!

posted almost 5 years ago
IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

The motorcycle jacket is a trend that never really goes fully away, it just keeps cropping up so I think it would look just fine. Be completely honest and decide which one you absolutely adore and you’ll regret not purchasing in the future if you let it slip by. :)
On a school note the jacket is probably a little more suitable, but then I’m not one to talk with the things I wear to college! x

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If you can find a decent one in the sale then there’s no problem in getting one now, but there doesn’t seem like much point in buying an expensive one that you’ll end up putting away once the warm weather sets in because you don’t know if it will fit you by next autumn and might end up being a waste of money.
It’s a much better investment piece than fur though. Fur is one of those trends that always seems to come around and die off again very quickly, whereas leather, as well as being a classic material that will never be fully out of fashion, the trend sticks around for much longer when it is ‘in’.

CourtneyElizabeth
Style_council
CourtneyEliz...

A real leather jacket will last you forever. Both of my parents still wear leather motorcycle jackets that they bought decades ago. My mother encouraged me to invest in a leather jacket when I was looking at a fake one, and I love it. If you really like it, you’ll find a way to make it work.

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

buy the leather jacket, b/c they are always in style.

fur jackets aren’t always in style.

plus, leather jackets are easier to style.

posted over 4 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I thought it would look like I was trying to hard if I got one, but I got one and it’s really cute (faux leather from Forever 21 though lol). It goes with everything, casual or even to dressed down girly pieces.

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

motorcylce jackets never go away. In fact, if you but a bit of a simpler one, it will be relatively timeless, and great for all seasons!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION