Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
hopelesslydevoted
Style_council
hopelesslyde...

I thought I was going home for break but I guess I’m going to Canada! I’ll be in downtown montreal, so what stores should I check out?

I’m already definitely going to Top Shop and H&M (we don’t have one near where I live.) Any other suggestions?

posted about 5 years ago
heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

Just so you’re not disappointed, the “Topshop” in Montreal isn’t the same Topshop that’s in the U.K. and New York. It’s mostly cheap clubwear.

posted about 5 years ago

hopelesslydevoted
Style_council
hopelesslyde...

Really? It’s not the same brand?! Oh well, it just means I’ll have to allocate more money towards H&M which is probably more reasonable anyways.

posted about 5 years ago

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

Yeah, it’s Top Shop, not Topshop!

Defintely check out Rue Saint-Catherine (St. Catherine Street) for the big H&M on the corner of Catherine and Peel, and lots of other shops.

posted about 5 years ago

OurPaperMoon
Style_council
OurPaperMoon

One of my Favorite Store in Montreal that cannot be found outside Quebec is “La Maison Simons”. It is quite a large store (department store style) located on Saint Catherine Street! They carried a mix of Trendy/Contemporary/Young/Women/Men/Lower cost brand/High end Designer! So you are sure to find something to your taste and price! Of course Holt Renfew is always nice to visit but anything in there cost 300$ and more!

posted about 5 years ago

Buffy_Leigh
Style_council
Buffy_Leigh

Check out “Belle et Rebelle”. They carry small labels from Quebec and elsewhere, and have some great handmade and/or ethically made pieces too. It’s on Rue St. Hubert. There are a couple other good stores on that street too.

posted about 5 years ago

GetyourTrashon
Style_council
GetyourTrashon

Les cours Mont-Royal Maisonneuve/Peel, they have designer boutiques and lower cost brands. But the best thing about it is that it connects to the “Underground city”: tones of underground shops, restaurants, metro stations, etc. so you wont even have to walk in the Canadian freezing cold to shop!

posted about 5 years ago

caroline_dcp
Style_council
caroline_dcp

theres american apparel which is on st catherines, right by st mathieu and guy rue. If your looking for that sort of store, there are some right by there but more expensive. Also the underground city, i completely agree with- this malls so big ( 5floors) i was lost once. Its an amazing though.The largest “GARAGE” is on st catherines, i believe by peel st. You cant miss it- its freakin massive.

but definalty downtown montreal…. GREAT place to be, check out “Crescent st” for the bar/club scene.

posted almost 5 years ago

NewUser
New_user NewUser is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When NewUser reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
NewUser

Hi,

I saw your post about Topshop. I work with a law firm that has a case related to the brand. We are looking for people who are familiar with the Topshop stores, and are wondering if you would be interested in talking to us. If so, please call me at (416) 862-4492 or (416) 862-6674.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION