Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

What do you think of Michelle Obama’s ‘nude’ champagne dress that she wore to the State Dinner? There has been a lot of controversy about the word used to describe it. But what I want to know is do you like her dress and does it suit her complexion, I have always seen lovely ‘nude’ coloured dresses that I would love to buy, and i have always thought that they would look a little silly on me (i have a dark complexion too) What do you thinnk?

Look at it here

posted almost 4 years ago
solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

i dont get it . . . . i think the dress looks beautiful on her.

why so worried on how to refer to the dress…… im lost ???

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

The Associated Press called Mrs. Obama’s dress color “flesh” and got immediate retorts: “Whose flesh?” one newspaper editor asked. “Not hers.” The description was revised to “champagne.”
“We talk of nude now, and there is no one color. It’s politically incorrect,” says Gale Epstein, creative director and co-founder of undergarment brand Hanky Panky. “There is a wide range for skin-tone colors. Human skin tones are a whole color palette unto themselves.”

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

here’s the article: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2010/05/21/2010-05-21_calling_michelle_obamas_peachy_dress_nude_and_fleshcolored_points_to_fashions_ra.html

I love it on her and it doesn’t really bother me that much to call things nude even if they don’t look anything nude compared to my skintone.

I think “nude” colours look gorgeous on anyone : ) The term got all political. It’s fashion. Nothing has to be politically correct about that.

parisianDenim
Style_council
parisianDenim

She looks gorgeous….I especially love the braclets

darlingm
Style_council
darlingm

its really pretty, i love that dress with the silver detail and the wrap.

and i agree wth pandaphilia, its fashion. nothing has to be politically correct about that.

_nonchalant
Style_council
_nonchalant

I think the dress looks great on her. Leave it to the media to always make a big deal about something that’s not big at all.

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

The media is always trying to cause a problem :/
Michelle Obama has the right to dress any way she wants…remember the whole shorts controversy last summer? they weren’t even that short!

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

it looks great on her!

kat18
Style_council
kat18

That dress is gorgeous and I don’t get the controversy

Shaniqua1071
Style_council
Shaniqua1071

I think she looks stunning in that dress.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION