Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
emmamaaa
Style_council
emmamaaa

Just trying to speak some words and hear some comments..
I was born in Hong Kong and raised there but moved to the US five years ago. People are ridiculously materialism over there. I’ve seen a high school almost everybody wears louis vuitton and gucci bags to school. Seriously, where all the kids have all these money from… “Mommy mommy I spent all my money on shopping.. give me more.” I personally think that stylish people dun need designers stuff to make your outfits look great and be fashionable. I really hate seeing a 12 years old girl with everything from top to bottom chanel, LV, Prada, D&G…insane…

So what you think about that?

posted almost 5 years ago
transatlanticism
Style_council
transatlanti...

I definitely agree. I have really saved for the couple of designer pieces I have, and to be honest you can’t even tell the difference between them and my other clothes!

Aside from that, I firmly believe that if you have enough money to dress from top to bottom in these kind of labels, the money could be much better spent helping people in need or charities. Also, giving young people money and having them spend it on clothes is not teaching them the value of money as they’re not working or saving for these things… In the long run it will be bad for them.

Just my thoughts, I’d like to hear others :)

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Keep in mind that a lot of Asian countries are known for being in the black market and making fakes. I lived in korea for half a year, ppl love their fake designer stuff b/c they make it so damn good that its hard to tell whether its a fake or not.

either way, i totally agree with you. it does irke me when i see young kiddies rolling around in money but what irkes me more is that their parents allow for their kids to just keep taking money without working for it. personally, i think people who don’t limit themselves to a specific group or price range of clothing are most stylish because it allows them to mix and match, experiment, and grow from there to create their own style.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

i agree with you… i don’t understand parents who buy designer clothes/bags etc for their children. it does seem like society is getting more materialistic. i often feel very conflicted because of my love of fashion and clothing, as i truly don’t need more clothes (that’s why i try to buy mostly second hand stuff.) as peachypanda said many of those girls may have fake designer bags as there is definitely a huge market in asia for them. but i guess that just shows how they want to be seen, as having status/enough money to buy designer goods.
but as i said before i don’t understand how people can cover themselves head to toe in designer clothes… it seems to be part of a growing problem where the wealth divide (gap between rich and poor) is becoming larger in places like china/hong kong.

posted over 4 years ago

fioreblume
Style_council
fioreblume

I agree what the others said. Yes, in Asia there are so many black markets or fake brands here. You can find a Louis Vuitton bag for only $30 here or even cheaper. I guess they wear it because they just want to show off and proud of the brand. But sometimes I found that people who wear some brands are not always stylish as they think. Some girls could wear some Prada bag or Chanel purse but they still don’t look stylish since the bag is the only thing that looks stylish. I mean, being fashionable or not is seen from how the way the person feel comfort in her outfits. It’s not because you have some branded items and wear it in a package. And I think people here in Chictopia often seen wearing some thrifted items or even secondhand but they still look fabulous in it. Just be creative to mix and match. I think that’s all I can say.

posted over 4 years ago

greenvases
Style_council
greenvases

since am still financially incapable of buying designer brands or high end clothes, i usually stick on buying ‘legit local brands’ that way I’m helping my country’s economy rather than buying cheap & fake stuff cuz I think its a lose-lose situation.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION