Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
GibsonChic
Style_council
GibsonChic

Following trends can become very time consuming and very expensive. Most trends are here one season, and then gone the next. Keeping up with them is very hard to do. I tend to not follow trends and wear whatever I feel is comfortable, chic and cute. Do you believe in following the seasons trends or making it your own?

posted over 4 years ago
raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

making it my own, most definitely.
reminiscing on the words of nina garcia from her book the little black book of style, i would not want to look like a ‘lemming’ with the latest thing just for the sake of having the ‘it’ thing.
it is quite expensive too.. im with you, i try to look for things that i like and will work for me and transcend the seasons and years, and ultimately look like it’s really ‘mine’ because it works with my style so well.

posted over 4 years ago

Opal
Style_council
Opal

I couldn’t tell you what’s “in” most of the time anyways. haha. I live in WI, and people dress pretty boring here. I just wear what is cute and works with my body type. If it’s on the rack, I’m attracted to it, and it looks good on me, great! If it’s on sale, even better! I can’t keep up with all the trends, I used to spend a lot of time reading fashion mags. Now I just come here and see what you guys are wearing instead. I see much more creative wardrobes here anyway :)

posted over 4 years ago

GibsonChic
Style_council
GibsonChic

I agree with all of the comments. I tend to wear things that fit will with my body type, and something I will be comfortable in. I will only splurge on it if its something I REALLY like. A good tip (which everyone probably knows) would be to go thift shopping at thift or vintage stores. If your into trends, you can also find some of the latest seasons trends there for less. Blazers and purses are perfect finds in vintage stores.

posted over 4 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

i pick things that look good on me then i make it my own by adding jewerly to it.

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I think it’s ok to follow some trends, but not all of them. I agree that it can be very time consuming, and very costly, but there are other ways to follow them. For example, try some DIY’s! They are fun to do and a lot less expensive than just going out and buying the product! :) The biggest thing is all you have to do is try it out, and if you don’t like it, don’t wear it just b/c it’s in style…wear what makes you most confident and happy.

posted over 4 years ago

problematique
Style_council
problematique

I totally agree with you guys – I pick certain trends that I really like and integrate them into my own style, if they’re within my price range or its easy for me to do. If I’m gonna splurge on something it has to be a staple piece that I’ll use a ton of times, that I absolutely love.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION