Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
saveallen
Style_council
saveallen

I’ve been sporting a short hairstyle for the past couple years and I’m wanting to grow it longer. Actually, I haven’t cut it in two months … so it’s already much longer. I’m ready to get it trimmed and am now wondering if I’m just going against the trend. I’m trying to think of any stylish guys with long hair on top … is there anyone? am I being anti-fashionable?
I don’t want a mullet, just long on top and short/neat around the sides and back. I probably have about 4” length on top right now.
Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

posted over 6 years ago
HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I really can’t picture how that would look. 4” is A LOT

posted over 6 years ago

saveallen
Style_council
saveallen

Joe says I look like a yetti (i.e. like the guy in the Friends episode, the new guy in their building with tons of hair and a beard).
I’m also contemplating going to a new salon and feel a bit like I’m cheating on my current stylist. I feel like his strength is in handing out faux hawks … and I need something new.

posted over 6 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

yeah, trying out a new hair stylist can be tricky. do you want to create a “friend-only” poll and see what others think?

posted over 6 years ago

jadebuddha
Style_council
jadebuddha

Be sure that your wardrobe supports the new hairstyle you want to sport or the kind of look you’re pursuing. Several celebrities come to mind when I think of long hair: Keanu Reeves, Russell Crowe, John Travolta (during that Pulp Fiction stint), Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Patrick Dempsey (he’s got grown out hair).

posted over 6 years ago

saveallen
Style_council
saveallen

I like the look of Brad Pitt’s hair in this recent photo—I’d like something about this length and style …

posted over 6 years ago

leedaniel
Style_council
leedaniel

i think long hair can be really great looking but only if you take good care of it. too many times i see that guy with long hair at the comic book shop. it’s all flat and greasy with bits of dandruff scattered about. please don’t have long hair like that.

posted over 6 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

I think the shorter the better! But I might be biased having grown up around burly army men…

posted over 6 years ago

dagny
Style_council
dagny

i think that (fashionable) longer hair is better for men with sharp features and a sophistocated/simple/modern wardrobe… those two will counterbalance the longness. Otherwise, it just looks messy or hippyish. o and that pic of brad is hot hot hot

posted over 6 years ago

snarkysmachine
Style_council
snarkysmachine

When I hear “long hair on men” I immediately think of Mr. Sensitive Ponytail or Comic Book store guy, both of which are in large quanities where i currently live. It’s not my taste and it makes me throw up a little in my mouth when I see it at the Coop, but i love that Brad Pitt shaggy look. I think it’s really great.

posted over 6 years ago

caiko
Style_council
caiko

long on top and short around the sides and back? Why not just go for medium all over? I don’t know what it is, but personally I love the medium shaggy look on guys. Moreso with the sides and back longer than the front. Especially with bangs when it’s slightly wavy.

posted about 6 years ago

SecondTimeAround
Style_council
SecondTimeAr...

I am a fan of medium all over, grow it! You can always chop it off!

posted about 6 years ago

New_user 11378 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 11378 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I like both short and medium length on guys. If you can put it in a pony tail though that shit has got to go. If it is medium it needs to be maintained REALLY well. Don’t let it get frizzy or straggly. Product is your friend.

posted about 6 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I like the Brad Pitt hair :) Angelena is pretty smokin in that picture too :P

posted about 3 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

definatelly short….you are a boy!!

posted over 2 years ago

Rayy