Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Christyle
Style_council
Christyle

I recently got a pixie cut and now I’ve decided to grow it back……My dilemna is that I’ve also decided that I want to go natural and dont want to relax it anymore. I find that kind of hard in this phase because dealing with my natural texture and a relaxed texture at the same time is no fun and it doesn’t look very cute…..What do I do? Should I chop it all off and start over?

posted over 4 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Get it relaxed and permed big loose waves. Is that possible for your hair type?

posted over 4 years ago

anita_spaeth
Style_council
anita_spaeth

dude, check out my pics! as it grows i give it little trims here and there so right now is kinda half louis brooks half liza minelli in cabaret. or check out pics online. theres alot of celeb photo reels and their hair transitions.

posted over 4 years ago

Christyle
Style_council
Christyle

OMG^^^^^^ I LOVE YOU HAIR!!!!! I’m inspired!!!!! :-D

posted over 4 years ago

daweiner
Style_council
daweiner

wow, i’m on that natural kick too (though my hair was never relaxed) and i totally commend you for it! but i agree with jersey relaxing it again is not the answer. Here’s a site that i’m finding super helpful and inspiring! Black Girl with Long Hair

it’s precisely what you’re looking for.

Based on what I’ve heard about getting a big chop and starting fresh or letting your hair grow out of the relaxer people on the forum usually recommend a big chop so your hair starts growing healthy from the beginning even though it’s really scary for a lot of girls losing the length they had before. With a transition (growing it out) you can get gradually used to your new virgin hair without losing length but this method is prone to breakage/damage, and hard to maintain becos u have two different textures for a while i suppose it’s easier if you braid in a weave or something though. I hope this is helpful and i wish you all the luck in the world! -
posted over 4 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

So I’m just about out of this stage! It’s taken about six months of weird stage, but four of those months were the “OMG I HATE MY HAIR I’M JUST GONNA SHAVE IT!” stage.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION