Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xivy
Style_council
xivy

Hey Chictopians!

I’m Ivy :)
This has been my first time posting a topic on here, but I’ve been admiring this site for a good month or so now and am truely hooked XD

So my problem:
I’ve decided to change high schools for my final year; I’m going to a school with an incredible art program to prepare me for college. It was incredibly hard to leave my friends and home school, but I know in the long run it will help my artwork a ton. No one, except for one girl that I lost touch with in gr. 9, knows me there (so I’ll be a true “new kid”). I’ve already started to amp up my style and reflect my personality fully through my clothing instead of playing it safe like I have been. I just got, in my opinion, these amazing heels and was wondering if they were too much for school. They are about 4" heels, including the platform and match my skin tone almost perfectly. I’m just worried that since no one knows me, people will think that I’m trying too hard and what not :( My mum thinks they are too much for school so that leaves my doubting myself quite a bit. So I don’t know whether to go ahead and wear them or keep them for dinner, outings, etc.

A little extra info: I’m 16, 17 in Sept, going into grade 12 and am 5’9".

posted almost 5 years ago
RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

If you feel comfortable in those then wear them. You can’t let others opinions tell you what to wear. You can downplay the heels by paring them with jeans and oversize blazers. Or a cute flower print dress and tights.

I’m sure you’ll find people whom will appreciate you as a person. Besides, I’m sure you’ll figure out

I’m totally the kind of person that wears heels to class.

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

It’s all about how you feel wearing them. If you feel uptight and worried about wearing them it’s likely to show and then people will notice, or at least you’ll be thinking that they are, but if you’re comfortable then people probably won’t even notice, or at least not say anything.

I would suggest wearing them casually though if you’re worried about being noticed. Maybe wear them with rolled up boyfriend jeans and a simple top. Or skinny jeans. Just stay away from the skirts and shorts with them unless you really want to be noticed.

mindgames
Style_council
mindgames

Well, people were certainly notice you and for good reasons too!
Being stylish and not to mention over 6 feet tall will definitely get you some attention. They’re so cute and I don’t think they’re too much for school because of the color..

If you’re nervous about wearing them the first day, I’d try later on in the week! Students tend to be really preoccupied with themselves the first day of school anyways..

asailorwentto_sea
Style_council
asailorwentt...

Those shoes are gorgeous.
If you thought that you might not be able to walk too far in them on the first day, you could always pack a pair of flats in your bag if walking too far in your heels was hurting your feet.

Good luck :)

New_user 61939 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 61939 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

congrats on new new art school program!
re: the shoes… they’re great and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wearing them as far as people viewing you in a negative manner. You’re going into presumably a creative environment, so you should feel more free to express your style. But I am inclined to think they’re too much for a school environment.

I’m not sure they’re really the best choice for school, particularly the long classes (2-4 hours) and intense schedule that usually accompany art school. Not to mention the heavy bags of art supplies and large portfolio bags (think 2ft by 3ft) to hold sketches and canvas that is usually required.

Those shoes seem pretty impractical for that situation unless you’re skilled at carrying 20lbs of awkwardly sized bags and numerous materials, all around the school/campus, during long classes, possibly up and down stairs, for 6-8hr days… in 4 inch nearly stiletto strappy sandals. ;) It sounds like you’re going into a very different environment than your old school. You may want to consider being a bit more practical and kind in your choice of footwear (and outfits).

Kelseygross
Style_council
Kelseygross

Those shoes are so cute, I think you should wear them.
They’ll make a statement and draw people’s attention towards you, which is good if you’re just starting out at a new school. :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION