SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Shush
Style_council
Shush

Dressing to flatter your body shape.
Looking through the style gallery, it’s pretty clear that people here have a good idea of how to express themselves, while at the same time dressing in a way that highlights their best assets. I was just wondering, however, if you have an item of clothing that you know you shouldn’t really wear, isn’t quite right, but that you wear anyway?
Skinny jeans for me are a bit of a grey area, not sure they are particularly flattering (actually, I am sure, they aren’t) but in certain combinations, I will wear them.
So what do you think, does fashion sometimes triumph over flattery?

posted about 6 years ago
1 2
Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Good question. In the past I certainly bought items just because they were trendy or I loved the design, print, or colors, and I didn’t pay any attention to whether or not it looked right on my body. Now I am more aware of what works for me and I skip the trends that aren’t flattering for me. For example, I’m very thin and as a result, it is hard for me to find dresses that I actually “fill out.” I know that I have to try on dresses and blouses before I buy them just to make sure that it doesn’t hang on me. If it’s not right for me, then it isn’t worth wearing.

posted about 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

hah! everybody denies it, but everybody does it. the thing is people who deny it are basically the ones who find clothes which flatter them despite the fact that the rules suggest they won’t work for her body type. the thing is to be able to find the right silhouette, the right fit, the right length. i have this top which sort of skims over and falls straight down from my chest which kind of gives the expression i don’t have a waist which is not so “flattering” for my someone of my size. but hell i wear it anyway and i love it.

posted about 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION