Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
spacey09
Style_council
spacey09

I’m not sure if I posted it in the right forum section, but I have this one single gripe! I have over 200 chic points, and earned them in hopes that I could see my own pics in the general site search! But I guess I am wrong, because I cannot even see my own pics (ChicBlogs) in the sites search engine at all! So what gives in even having these 200+ chic points? The stuff I’m posting on this site can’t be that bad and against the ChicTopia rules, can it? And if it is, please tell me what I’m doing wrong!

posted over 4 years ago
priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

In order for it show up in the style gallery, you need 7 chic votes by people in the style council in order to be in the style gallery within 24 hours of your post. Just being on the style council does not ensure you being in the gallery.

posted over 4 years ago

spacey09
Style_council
spacey09

24 hours seems such a short period of time for 7 votes! I’m usually lucky if I get 1 vote on a pic! Maybe this site wasn’t made for the pics I have or my style of fashion! :(

posted over 4 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

@spacey09 Chictopia gives all members the opportunity to participate in the community, not just by making your way to the style gallery. Members can vote, comment, make friends, list items for sale, and participate in swaps. Some members are more active than others in various areas of the site. I would not be discouraged even if you don’t make it to the style gallery!

posted over 4 years ago

JessyDust
Style_council
JessyDust

I can’t even find myself on the NEW page. :S I have this feeling you can’t see yourself on this site, but others can see you… I’ve never seen me on the new page, the contest pages, or the Style Gallery (obviously).

It’s like I don’t exist except on my OWN Chic Blog.

posted over 4 years ago

JessyDust
Style_council
JessyDust

I just read in another thread that you have to click “ALL ENTRIES” on the top right of a contest page to see ALL the entries.

posted over 4 years ago

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

Sometimes it takes a while for your photo to be in the new photos section… After I make a post, normally I’ll have to wait about 5-6 hours at least until I find my photo there, and by that time it’ll be on about the 7th page or so.

posted over 4 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

how would you know if you already got 7 chic votes from style councils?

posted over 4 years ago

togandtrappings
Style_council
togandtrappings

Look…
new photos end up on the LAST PAGE of the “new photos” section
getting 7 points from council members in 24hrs is plenty of time. You actually have to participate in the community to get people to notice your photos. Merely posting a photo and then leaving usually won’t suffice. It takes a lot of effort sometimes to get notices.

You won’t know who gave you chic points, or whether they were style council members.

On the contest page the “top entries” are the ones that also made it into the “style gallery”.

posted over 4 years ago

Necca
Style_council
Necca

It’s not your fashion, it’s your pictures.
Most people want to see a fullbody picture of an outfit. I see you have maybe three pictures of you and then a bunch of leotards.
Try having a friend take some pcitures of you! With good lighting and a good pose you will probably end up in there one day.

posted over 4 years ago

togandtrappings
Style_council
togandtrappings

Chictopia is to show other members outfits that you are actually wearing. Check out the photos that made it into the “style gallery” and try to pick out similarities in the photography, it may help.

posted over 4 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

^ yes I do that for reference :)

posted over 4 years ago

spacey09
Style_council
spacey09

^ @ Necca ^ Okay, so I need a full body pic! So what about the face? The reason I ask about the face part is because I tend to crop out the faces on my pics! So is the face being cropped out/altered with a drawn in fake face okay or is it a big no no on Chictopia? And another thing, what about pic clarity? I also ask that one now because going back to my pics, I noticed that my pics are not as crystal clear as most of the ones you guys take, then that could be because I bought my camera for only $70.00 (A cheap model) at a WalMart!

posted over 4 years ago

togandtrappings
Style_council
togandtrappings

on the subject of faces, see the thread in this forum entitled “Faceless Chictopians”

Even if you have a cheap camera the best way to get clear photos is good light and a steady hand/tripod

posted over 4 years ago

Necca
Style_council
Necca

You can still take good photos! Just make sure they are taken in natural(sun)light. Don’t crop your face! We want to see your smiles.
Perhaps if your pcitures aren’t coming out good still, have a friend take a picture of you using a better camera they own?
And if you can find photoshop, that can help brighten and make your pictures really pop.
You can message me if you want more help. :>

posted over 4 years ago

spacey09
Style_council
spacey09

Now they’ve upped it to 15 chic votes before they can appear in the style gallery! So does that mean now we have to get 15 chic votes within 24 hours of posting the pic before it gets into the style gallery?

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

^ I didn’t know they had changed it to 15 votes now! scary! They should have notified us, as I think it’s a VERY big change- as previously it was 7 and now it is over DOUBLE that!!
But yes, it means you have to get 15 votes from the style council in the first 24 hours

posted over 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

yeah but i also see pictures with 1 vote in the style gallery and idk why
its so confusing!

posted over 4 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

15 votes? lol I didn’t know about that! I agree with coldlight, they should notify us about this! Now I know because my recent looks couldn’t make it lol

*They added that to FAQ… :)

Maybe the 1 vote pictures in the Style Gallery is by a Style Icon, long time ago they decided that just only 1 vote by a Style Icon is worthy to get to the Style Gallery!!

posted over 4 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

OMG 15 votes :o I was wondering my new photo wasnt in the style gallery…. :/ My new photo isnt even in the New photos anymore….:/

posted over 4 years ago

charchelle27
Style_council
charchelle27

i think they’re being a lil picky now because there’s a lot of people posting new pictures and they just have to choose which ones they want in the gallery, there are some of my pics that got deleted in the gallery (that makes me sad) especially when people voted for you and then it will just disappear

posted over 4 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I don’t really like it when people don’t show their faces in the pictures. Maybe one photo would be okay but all of them, I’m just not into it.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION