Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
madCleopatra
Style_council
madCleopatra

just wondering if being NBSB (no boyfriend since birth) at the age of 19 is still normal? or there’s really something wrong with me? haha…

posted almost 3 years ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I’m 18 and I’ve dated a few times, but have never had anything to really count as a relationship in my eyes.

NajritFeM
New_user NajritFeM is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When NajritFeM reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
NajritFeM

Everybody’s different, maybe you are just waiting for the right feeling, when u can say “ok, yes, this is a relationship, and it’s mine.” :P

I was young when I started dating, but, the experience was good for me.
You are you and that’s cool, so….

You are good, it’s not abnormal, relax :D

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

I was 21. I didn’t even feel attracted to anyone all through high school or the first half of college. I didn’t have a prom date, didn’t have guys ever flirt with me or ask me out. I guess some people would call that abnormal.

I think it’s abnormal that our society sees dating, and usually marriage too, as mandatory. What if someone stayed single their whole life? What would be wrong with that? That was my original plan. Still not too keen on marriage.

Maybe you’ll be like me, you’ll cut through all the BS of dating and go straight into a relationship with your perfect match. Maybe you just know what you want better than most young people, no need to fool around with a bunch of immature guys and go through a million heartbreaks to figure it out. :)

michalandzoe
Style_council
michalandzoe

18. One piece of advice that has been with me from the start is to never look for love. You won’t end up with the right person if you do so. So you’re 19 and boyfriend-less? Who cares! Enjoy your life and where you are right now and stop worrying about whether or not you are normal for not having a boyfriend. You are missing out on life. Enjoy it because once its gone, you can’t get it back. If you keep telling yourself you’re life won’t be complete or you won’t be happy until you have a boyfriend, you will miss out on the things that a 19-year-old shouldn’t miss. Just promise to enjoy your life right now. That special someone will pop in your life when you least expect it. I promise you that. Life can be a fairy tale if you let it.

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I was 19 when I had my first boyfriend. Of course throughout my teens I fretted about how I wanted a boyfriend and it was so weird that I didn’t have one, etc, but now when I look at the immaturity of so many teen relationships— and the way they can scar people well into adulthood!— I’m actually quite thankful I didn’t get started until later. Take care of yourself and your own life right now. The right person will follow— and you won’t have had to go through as many heartbreaks to find them!

Sheriseology
New_user Sheriseology is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Sheriseology reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Sheriseology

Haha my first boyfriend was about a year ago was when I was 20. It only lasted a few months.

I thought I was such a weirdo. But I came to realize that I just don’t have time for nonsense. And most guys I attract somehow get the idea that I’m ditzy and easy. Lack of respect is a huge turnoff so I’ve spent a lottt of time single.

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

technically 12 but my first one that I considered a “relationship” was when I was 16 and we were together 2 years

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I was 13 when I had my first relationship (not that it was that serious, like 4 or 5 months :D just stupid kids stuff) but I agree with all the other posts above, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend. In my case I wish I haven’t had the boyfriends I have had :D :D So, just don’t worry bout it, it’s super fun being single in my opinion ^^ Until you find the special guy for you theres no problem swith staying that way

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

Nothing at all wrong with that!

posted over 2 years ago

TheDashingDiaries
Style_council
TheDashingDi...

I couldn’t agree more with the ladies above, especially Sheriseology. It’s been exactly the same in my case. I’ve been judged on the basis of my looks and people would get the idea that I’m easy, while in fact it was far from the truth. At first I thought there was something wrong with me, but then I came to realize that I shouldn’t worry about them and do my own thing. I had my first boyfriend at the age of 16. Ever since we broke up, I used to flirt with some boys, but I enjoy being single and so should you. These are your teenage years and you should make the best of it, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. Mr Right will come along when you least expect it. :)

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I fell in love for the first time at 15
But we never actually dated by American standards.
He was from cambodia.
I’ve always been in love with Asian cultures and Southeast Asian people wayyy before him,
But he did have a major influence on my life.
We wrote letters to eachother/talked on phone and declared our love.
It was much more than a crush.

But my first “real” boyfriend by American standards was at 18.
We got engaged at 19, and were supposed to marry but I broke it off.

I didn’t marry until I was 28.

Now I am 40 and divorced.
I’ve dated many people but because of personal and religious beliefs I have never had an intimate/sexual relationship with any of the men I dated other than my ex husband who ended up being the wrong man.

I am looking forward to true love and companionship soon.

Xxxooo

Hugs to all u young lovers.

posted over 2 years ago

Sakhi
Style_council
Sakhi

I was 16 but I know a lot of girls who haven’t started dating at 19/20. It’s not abnormal.
I kinda regret dating that early cause I don’t think I was / am really ready.

posted over 2 years ago

Meggum
Style_council
Meggum

15 :|

posted over 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

3:d he was 5 guess:))…he alwayss used to tie my shoes cause i wasn’t so talented back then n took care of me at the kindgrten:D just kiddin but its normal guess

posted over 2 years ago

AmourxHandmade
Style_council
AmourxHandmade

Dated here and there and had my first serious relationship when I was 21!

posted over 2 years ago

ThatCleverRedhead
Style_council
ThatCleverRe...

I had my first kiss and first boyfriend when I was 17. He was kind of pitiful and a bit of a douche nozzle, so I kind of forced him to break up with me because I was too chicken to do it myself (I ignored him, etc.). You know how guys are at that age. Only want in your pants and if you don’t put out, they kind of make you miserable? Yeah, he was that type.

Then, I think I had 2 boyfriends after him… and then met my husband.

Still married and going strong! ♥

posted over 2 years ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

My first boyfriend was at the age of 17 and I am 18 and it only lasted for 2 months 0.o. Girl there’s nothing wrong with you. It’s better to wait for the right one then to rush into something that isn’t worth it just because you’re 19 and never had a boyfriend. Good things comes for those who wait and true love waits xoxo

posted over 2 years ago

starsandstitches
Style_council
starsandstit...

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I was 16, but I think everyone is different and that’s okay. You feel so grown up at that age, but seriously, it’s so young. LOL.

posted over 2 years ago

shekinahgapay
Style_council
shekinahgapay

There’s nothing wrong with that. :-)

I was 14 that time and I don’t know if I should still consider it because we were still young. What we had is not serious. Kid stuff.

posted about 2 years ago

kimicub21
Style_council
kimicub21

I was 16. I’m turning 21 and I can honestly say I’ve probably only had about two boyfriends since. You’re fine haha.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION