Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Pink_Champagne
Style_council
Pink_Champagne

Not that I really care what ANYONE thinks of my stye, but sometimes its interesting hearing all these funny stories! =)

-My closest friend, Becca, usually wears jeans, or baggy black cords, paired with a loose black top or a sweater. She dosn’t wear any jewelry or makeup, and usually wears sneakers or sometimes flats. She has a lot of potential, and she knows about high-fashion; she just isn’t good at dressing that way. When she gets really dressed up she’ll wear this really nice drapey black tunic dress with her purle jeweled Vera Wang flats, or this blue and white tye-dye dress with a pink leathe clutch. Like i said before, she can recognize good fashion, but she’s not really one to wear it that often. What she think of my style: practically any time i wear anyting adventureous, i get a crytical comment from her, saying how i look like an outdated bozo. it’s true that i dress creativly, but i don’t think im a walking fashion mistake. the only outfits she’s ever really liked that iv’e worn, are what i woudl deem as being boring, like jeans and a tunic top with heels. its really annying, because she thinks she dresses so well, when her style is actually really ordinary and boring.

-One of my other friend, Tina, actually dresses really nicely. well, on casual days, she wears jeans and a tshirt, but regularly, sheh wears mid-length skrirts with camisoles and cardigans and boots or ballerina-style flats. her style is feminine, but with an edge. its not the most exciting or fashion-forward way of dressing, but she always manages to look nice. she’s never critiscized any of my outfits (she usually compliaments them), but sometimes, she’ll look at me kind of strangely. =)

-Mary, love to critique and demolish my clothing choices. For casual wear, she wears jeans with fitted tees and keds, and when she dresses up, she’ll wear fitted tees with midi skirts (veyr unflattering), or dresses with blazers or sweaters. she’s very typical, and loves to shop at American Eagle. she’ll openly critiscize my outfits in public. last week, i wore a printed romper/pantsuit with a black studded belt and heels, and she said i looked like a grandma. i was like ‘well, maybe to you, but there’s a whole world of fashionistas that dress this way, so kindly back off." the one and only outfit of mine she EVER liked, was a jeans with a babydoll top and a fedora. i hear her say ‘wow, hope’s actualy wearing a normal outfit’. i hope she’ll learn as she gets older.

-Rachel is pretty nice about my clothes, but dosn’t dress well herself. she loves to wear babydoll tops, but will pair them with baggy cargo pants,instead of fitted jeans or tights, which makes her look 25 pounds heavier. she’s big into the simple colorful tee with jeans look, and usually wears sketchers or comfortable shoes. once, i wore a pair of shorts and tights gasp!.. this was a while ago, when i was first experimenting with creative style, and i had to ask her opinion on how i looked. she told me that she thought it loooked weird, and that sooner or later i’d discover a style that i’d fell 100% comfortable wearing. and guess what??? she’s right!! i HAVE found a style that i ah-dore, and its even weirder than shorts and tights.

-Corrie dresses nice enough. for formal wear, she wears nice, typical dresses with a shrug and heels. nothing too creative, but its not that bad. for casual dressing, she wears jeans with a nice top and jewelry. she always loves my outfits, but i think her personal style is more casual and normal. its nice how she can appreciate high fashion, without wearing it herself. that’s such a hard thing to do!

-My sister, Margaret, lives in jeans and fitted tees and shrugs. half the clothing in her closet is blue, and her most prize possession is her puffly dark blue, fur-hooded american eagle jacket that she got for 20 bucks at TJMaxx. for dressing up, she’ll wear tailored dresses with dark tights or leggins and these really feminine, round-toe 2-inch heels. she never really says anyting negative about my outfits, (hey, im her older sister, n she’ll get pummpled!), but for the most part, i can tell that she thinks im weird. occasionally, she’ll say she likes my outfit, but that’s very rare…

-My other sister, Joelee, really likes the way i dress. for the most part, she’ll compliment me on my outfits, but sometimes she’ll offer to pay me NOT to wear that out of the house. I never comply to those requests, but i think shes pretty funny! she actually dresses pretty well for a 10 year old. she’ll wear denim cut offs with black leggins, patent leather red lace-up sneakers, and a white tshirt with red ladybugs. she also has these tunic dresses that she likes to wear with her polka-dot spotted flats. her style is really perky and cute. after all, she’s veryyoung, and im sure she will be very well-turned out fashion-wise when she’s my age.

i’d go on and on about my other friends style, but i think you are all getting pretty bored by now. ;) i’d love to hear how your friends dress and what they think of your style!

posted over 5 years ago
SingForAbsolution
Style_council
SingForAbsol...

Well one of my friends always tries to pick apart what I’m wearing, I don’t know of it’s jealousy or what. She usually wears hoodies and jeans with a funky scarf. That’s basically her style. Other times she’ll laugh at what I’m wearing and then attempt to copy it. I need new friends.

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Well, here’s my friends, from meanest to nicest:
-She’s not really my friend, she’s my sister’s best friend, but she’s always at my house and whatnot. She’s one of those people that have conformed to the ordinary high school attire – ugg boots (EW), north face jackets, etc. She can’t accept anyone who dresses differently than she does and it’s quite pathetic. She tells me my black boots look like Santa boots, and I tell her hers look like astronaut boots made out of dead animals.
-My sister usually doesn’t say anything unless someone else comments on how they don’t like what I’m wearing. But she definitely joins in when her friend is criticizing me. She also wears the clothes that guarantee she will blend in with every other student, but that’s not my issue.
-My friend usually doesn’t criticize me for the way I dress, but she can be a bit critical when it’s cool to be so. It’s lame, but I won’t get into that. She usually wears sweatshirts and jeans, or something of the sort.
-My other friend has told me many times that she likes my style, which I find very nice. She has a style that is different than mine, but it’s her own and I think it’s great that she doesn’t really try to fit in. She’s a fan of nice cardigans and other things.

You know what, most of the times I’ve been complimented on my outfits it has been by someone I never talk to, my teachers or my other relatives. I need more positive people.

posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

friend #1: The socially awkward girl. She wears weird Ugg moccassins, not so cute flats, and chucks. As for tops she wears dark wash bootcut jeans and is conforming from her A&F/HCO phase. That I’m proud of her for. Overall, she likes my style and helps me scope out the people that start dressing like me in the next week. She also goes on style watches for me at the malls and tells me what I might like. So that’s a plus.

Friend #2: The super shy, super tiny girl. She has not conformed yet. Sweetest little thing, I swear she deserves better than A&F/HCO paired with Coach/Lacoste running shoes. She also likes my style thinking it’s “sophisticated” and that she can spot me from a mile away by the way I dress.

Friend #3: The critical short but full of ass(ets) blondie. Ha. I love this girl, but she wears jeans and those shirts with the built in long sleeve or band tees and chucks. Not my thing. But she always critiques other people’s outfits like a fashion guru. On her “dressed up” days she wears leggings and a babydoll with heels I don’t like… They’re like rounded-toed mary janes with kitten heels. She thinks I dress weirdly for “her tastes” but it suits me well.

Overall I think people look at me as “jaded” and “dark”. I’ve gotten that I looked mysterious. And others say “sophisticated”. This is coming from people from a suburban highschool wearing Uggs and A&F/HCO/A|X logo tees, etc. I think the message I give off is something along the lines of “I don’t give a damn” so usually people just kinda know not to be on my bad side. But I’m rather nice. But no one at my school is ready to conform. I believe they look like clones of each other, but whatever floats their boat.

posted over 5 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

friend 1 – gorgeous dresser, nothing special, but she always manages to look classy and cute.

friend 2 – she’s so curvy, and so gorgeous, but she doesn’t know how to dress for her figure and tries to cover up her curves. jeans + ugg boots

friend 3 – another gorgeous dresser, she knows how to dress for her figure, but another jeans + ugg boots victim

My friends see me as eclectic and out there, fashion forward and standing out of the crowd. Sometimes they don’t like what I wear, but it doesn’t stop me.

posted over 5 years ago

Kalin
Style_council
Kalin

I think my friends look wonderful. It’s kind of a bummer that this thread seems a little catty but whatever.

Lisa : This girl is so cute. She has wonderful taste and a really classic point of view. Usually more simple items paired with a great coat or shoes, and cute jewelry. By the way, this girl has a pretty insane shoe collection. She is my premier midnight taco run companion.

Jessie: Jessie and I have been friends forever and she is always dressed well. She tends to stick to more casual picks, much like myself. She is rarely seen without a cardigan and flats. She also looks 20x better than I do in hats.

Brittany: Brittany is such a hotass to the core. She blonde with the booty. Usually can be spotted in jeans and an AA tank. She wears a lot of really pretty scarves, and has great taste in jewelry.

Angie: Angie is definitely the most eclectic dresser of my friends. She can always be found in really crazy sweaters and shoes. She is always bringing a little SF style to my LA world.

Bennet: My boyfriend has insanely good taste. It’s kind of a miracle. He’s always down for some crazy vintage shit and he has supreme taste in shoes. He even has good taste in women’s clothing. Amazing. It’s so nice to have him around, he makes me feel much more comfortable wearing crazy things.

I don’t know what my friends think of how I dress. I am always down for some silly shit and they are always asking to borrow my stuff so it must not be bad whatever they’re thinking.

posted over 5 years ago

IlanaMorgan
Style_council
IlanaMorgan

I sometimes think people think I dress strange but I love to be different.
I usually get plenty of compliments too especially when I am wearing something really out there! Definitely makes my day

My Modern Vintage

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

I seriously pity all those people who thinks that conforming=stylishness. That’s why I love my group of friends. Literally, every single one of us has a unique style of their own and so when we go out, it’s interesting to see the variety in styles of clothes, ;)

posted about 3 years ago

xxSilentlyxx
Style_council
xxSilentlyxx

Honestly the majority of my friends dress the same. Skinny jeans and graphic tees. Only one of them acctually dresses like me; vintage . We wear skirts and dresses and when we wear jeans they are tight but we rock a lot of accesories.

posted about 3 years ago

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

My friends all dress pretty casually, jeans + tee/tank + vans, occasionally add a cardigan or something. Just typical high school apparel. So many of them say that they wish they had my style or dressed like me. I’m like, JUST DO IT!! Haha Nearly all of them say I have great style, even the ones who don’t particularly like my style still admit it’s good Lol.

posted about 3 years ago

cindysma_llzs
Style_council
cindysma_llzs

most of my friends are very fashionable…they comment on my clothes a lot but idk what they think

posted over 2 years ago

christineglenna
Style_council
christineglenna

I get a lot of comments from strangers on my clothes, and my boss always tells me I look “professional.” As for my friends, they are pretty casual: jeans, tees, hoodies, or sometimes jeans with a blouse and a cardigan. My husband dresses nice except he insists on wearing socks with sandals which he knows drives me up the wall.

I have one friend who dresses fairly nice, but mostly its just high waisted pencil skirts with a funky shirt.

My sister, on the other hand, is a fashion goddess. I love shopping with her. I don’t know how she does it, but she always finds amazing deals on the best clothes. I love getting her hand-me-downs.

My mom has very eclectic style, and wears mostly jewel tones and animal prints. She always gets compliments on her style, and whenever I borrow her clothes, I get compliments too! She’s always there to tell me how nice I look and help me pick out just the right accessories for my outfits. My grandma dresses very classy, and my aunt dresses kind of weird, but she’s a hairstylist so she always looks amazing (purple hair and crazy makeup!) no matter if she’s wearing a nice dress or denim overalls. I love my family! :)

posted over 2 years ago

Meeukee1
Style_council
Meeukee1

Me and my friends all love to shop, so we definitely keep up on current trends. But as we’ve gotten older, we have developed our own sense of style and fashion. It’s funny seeing how much we’ve changed over the years. Since I’m the only one that has worked in retail, I pretty much shy away from shopping at the mall. I know my labels and favorite brands, so to avoid the hustle and bustle of retail, I’ve been shopping on Amazon and ebay for the past 2 years. I know what I like and if I see it online, I buy it. My friends on the other hand are still crazy about getting together on the weekends and hopping from store to store.at the mall of their choice. For the most part, they wear brands that I have stopped wearing a couple of years ago. They are definitely not into the vintage look, where I’ve been known to get some classics at the consignment store.

posted over 2 years ago

pancake_chick
New_user pancake_chick is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When pancake_chick reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
pancake_chick

I have gone through a crazy ride regarding my fashion sense. Before high school, I had some idea of how I wanted to dress. When I entered high school, that all changed into A&F, Uggs, etc. because that was the “norm.” After I had broken up with my then-best friend who was a Abercombie-zombie, I started to find my sense of style again at the start of my senior year. Here is what my friends thought:

Friend 1 – Always wears hoodies/T’s and jeans. She is a very laid back person who doesn’t care about what she wears or what other people think. I’m pretty sure if she saw this web site, she would say, “This place is doing too much just for clothes.” One day while reading a magazine, I saw an outfit that was different, but something I wanted to experiment with. So I came to school with a floral tank under a white button up while both were tucked into dark skinny jeans, and flats. (The shirt wasn’t buttoned up all the way). And she literally gave me a funny look and asked what I was wearing.

Friend 2 – A little more conscientious of what she wore, but mainly, it would be jeans and a hoodie. Some days she might wear an unflattering dress with low heels or her biggest trademark: neon pink shirts, pants, etc. She doesn’t really say anything about my style, but has copied them on more than one occasion.

Don’t even get me started about make up. .

posted over 2 years ago

Forever21FanGirl
New_user Forever21FanGirl is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Forever21FanGirl reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Forever21Fan...

I could on for days about my friends and mines styles, so I’ll pretty much just sum everyone up! LOL

My Style: Classic Most of the stuff in my closet is stuff that has never gone out of style and probably never will. Lots of cardigans and button downs. I do have a few “trendy” pieces, but I really love sticking to things that will still be chic in 5 years.
I also love to dress up, but because of my lifestyle and my friends, I don’t that often. I’ve just recently started wearing skirts and dresses again. For parties, I pretty much stick to t-shirts and jeans.

Lauren (Best Friend): Boho She loves to wear things 3x’s too big for her. She would normally do a Small or a Medium (she’s super tiny) but lately she’s started buying Large/X-Large clothes! Most of the time she picks out some super cute stuff… but sometimes I really wonder what’s going on in that petite head of hers. She’s slowly started to jump on the dressy bandwagon with me! I helped her pick out her first pair of wedges today! Of course they were open-toed, so she won’t be wearing them for another 5 months… But it’s a start!

Lauren (Different Lauren… I know a lot of Laurens): Tomboy I don’t even remember the last time I saw her in anything besides Jeans and an Aeropostale t-shirt. She’s perpetually stuck in 7th grade… in fact, I think a lot of her clothes are ones that she really did wear in 7th grade. She’s barely grown since then. She always talks about wanting to dress better, but no matter how many adorable outfits I put her in, the next day she shows up in her Middle School couture.

Grace: County Bling!! Sparkle + Cow Boy boots = Grace. If Dolly Parton had a baby with less boobs, less hair and more sparkle… it would be Grace. She’s the person who got me to start feeling comfortable in heels and a skirt. She dresses up to go to the grocery store for milk; and I’m not talking velour sweat suit dressing up, I’m talking rhinestone blouse, jeans and stilettos.

That’s pretty much it as far as my close Girlfriends; all my other friends are guys who wear the same thing every other day.

posted over 2 years ago

Ochuwa
Style_council
Ochuwa

all my friends have very good fashion sense and they feel the same about my sense of style

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION