Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

Whats a good way to advertise your blog? I want more people, and followers of mine.. and I just don’t want to sit back and wait, I’m so impatient
let me know your ideas!

posted over 5 years ago
alexisthegreat
Style_council
alexisthegreat

i just add everyone & comment peoples’ pictures. it works.. sometimes. lmao.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Well considering you only have 2 outfits posted you have a good following already. The best things are to add people and comment like alexisthegreat has already said, and to keep updating regularly (some people even post an outfit everyday). Also, if you go on other websites (forums, livejournal, other fashion communities) link to your blog from there. That might draw more people to your blog and draw more people into joining chictopia as well.

posted over 5 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

i admit some comments are good for your self-esteem. but i won’t make it a dayjob.

posted over 5 years ago

virgoslounge
Style_council
virgoslounge

yeh….i guess commenting

posted over 5 years ago

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

Yeah commenting etc will definitely help a lot :)
Also participate in forum, I think that helps too!

But if you are just talking about blogs on blogspot/livejournal/etc, I think it’d be also great idea to be really active websites like Chictopia.
Many chictopians have blogs on blogspot, wordpress, etc. You can make friends here first and then visit their blogs regularly/comment regularly.

:)

posted over 5 years ago

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

PS. I just checked your blog out and it’s really cute! I am following you now. HAHA (although my blog is sooo empty!) Why don’t you post your blog address on this thread? :)

posted over 5 years ago

flypinay
Style_council
flypinay

soo.. it’s not weird/uncommon to add friends that we’ve never met on here, right? b/c on myspace or facebook, those kinds of requests are typically met with rejection. i’m still trying to get a feel of chictopia.

posted over 5 years ago

ruuth
Style_council
ruuth

I’d really like to know how to get more people as well.. I’ve only got one person following mine, and it’s my boyfriend! Haha!

Here’s my link: inkonthesheets.blogspot.com/

posted over 5 years ago

ruuth
Style_council
ruuth

I’d also like to know what people think of add requests like flypinay!
Who knows..!

posted over 5 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Noones following mine (I dont think..) Well noones a fan yet, Ive not that much points and one comment. I just figure if people wanna look they might stumble upon it. xxx

posted over 5 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Well tbh she never asked. Just asked for ‘ways’ of getting people

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

If you have a blog about fashion, how can you say that it’s not appropriate to tell people about it on a fashion orientated website? What a childish comparison. A mall to a fashion blog? Are you kidding me!

And thanks to everyone else for the actual stimulus and input from your posts.

posted over 5 years ago

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

@ Whatswithamy

I dont think AngeleSeeAngelaBlog is referring to you seeking for advice. A fellow Chictopian posted in every thread “add me as favorite” and it became a little cluttered.

As of mall comparison, I think she was referring to “talking to strangers.”
Normal people wouldnt really grab every person in their way and ask to visit their blogs.

Good luck with your blog! You do have really nice blog
Though I really wish you posted on Chictopia a little more often…
You have really cute outfits that Chitopians will really enjoy X)

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

It’s okay. I don’t want to argue on a website that brings me so much joy. I just thought it was a personal attack, and I felt offended. But! I now realize that you never intended to make me upset. It was just a misunderstanding on my part. My apologies. I have a plethora of emotions I’ll have you know!

posted over 5 years ago

jos
Style_council
jos

wow…you know what girls??? actually seeing how you argue…IS LOVELY…not because i like seeing people being competitive or anything like that..but, for the first time, i see at chictopia, somebody who really talks the truth, and express their feelings…and not so much of..LOVE YOUR SHOES, UR HAIR IS GREAT AND STUFF LIKE THAT…..thank u girls for being real!!

have u ever seen any commnt in a picture like: U KNOW WHAT…UR OUTFIT IS A SHITE!!….(( not that i want to see one in my blog aye!! hahha…but, a bit more realism would be lovely!!))

posted over 5 years ago

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

@ jos

HAHAHA. I agree with you. There is always a fine line between being a good critique and being simply mean.
I am so glad that AngelaSeeAngelaBlog was not shy about her thoughts as well as with whatswithamy.
They’re my favorites now :)

posted over 5 years ago

the_queen
Style_council
the_queen

Hi, I also agree with Angela. I also would like the share the opinion that if you come by this site, and it’s clear that your only intention is to show off your blog, it’s actually kind of off putting. I’m not saying that anyone in this thread is doing that. I’ve been browsing this community for a long time, and I have seen bloggers who post a picture and write something to the audience, and have many fans like classytrash and starrgirl. There are others who just put a link that says “visit me”. I mean, if you are here to make friends, you have to show something nice and say something nice first.
I don’t have a blog outside of here, but I have a lot of you on my yahoo reader. From a fan’s perspective, this is my opinion.

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I do feel silly though for my argument. I just felt offended for one quick second, and with the internet you don’t have time to think before you speak(or type)…so you can end up saying complete rubbish… But I do appreciate Angela’s honesty. I really do. Even more so now, then I ever did before. The line between mean and critiquing really is such a blur. but I’m learning each day to take things from people and brush them off, or grow from them. I’m sorry Angela! This was just silly. I’d rather have gotten into a debate on less trivial matters.

It is wonderful when people put stimulus and thought into their outfit posts. I’ll think before I type next time..

posted over 5 years ago

seawood
Style_council
seawood

I’ve got the same problem, I just don’t really know whether or not anybody reads my blog! Check it out if you like, http://flashing-lights.tumblr.com

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION