Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thesundaybest
Style_icon
thesundaybest

This post is mostly aimed at men, but ladies as always feel free to respond. This is also inspired by the meme that gets you to photograph the contents of your daily bag.
So men – how do you carry your stuff and what do you take? And please, no writing “manbag” or “murse” (see the podcast for an explanation why). As I stated in an EIU post, I recently bought a Filson small field bag and am a little in love. Leather and waxed canvas, plenty of pockets, and brass fixtures. I’m working on a bit of a video guide to the bag I’m so enamoured with it.
Inside I carry: Canon SLR, wallet, moleskine and and least three pens, an iPod, keys.
And you?

posted about 6 years ago
evie
Style_council
evie

my bf has two headporter bags and he gets grief for carrying either around – there’s usually his moleskin, wallet, keys, pens, ds lite and some mints in the bag. but he gets more flack for the dotted one – apparently the more “girly” of the two.
i don’t understand what the big deal is. a bag’s pretty handy if you’re going to be lugging around so much stuff. better that he has his own bag than getting me to carry everything anyway. guys sure have it tough…

posted about 6 years ago

New_user 2889 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 2889 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Most guys I know will walk around all day with a back pack or one of those weird Nike mini bags just so they don’t get called a girl for using an actual bag. It’s pretty funny.

posted about 6 years ago

mymomsaysimcool
Style_council
mymomsaysimcool

I hate carrying things around so I tend to keep only what fits in my pockets – iPhone, keys, wallet.
When I travel or know I’ll be out around the city for the entire day I will sometimes carry a small bag ( Like this ). Inside I’ll carry a digital camera, Nintendo DS, Water Bottle and perhaps a Clif Bar if I get hungry.
I’ve been looking at getting a new bag because I now have to carry my laptop to and from home everyday for work purposes. I’m not really a fan of the techy laptop bags but most bags I’ve seen and liked are well out of the price range I’m willing to spend for such a thing.

posted about 6 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

I hate carrying a bag!
some of my dresses have hidden pockets and sometimes by bra comes in handy haha
but for guys… um I have no idea!

posted over 5 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

carrying a lot of stuff is so much nicer with a beautiful bag :)

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I realize this may sound like an advertisement for feminine products.
Heavy days: Raf Simons x Eastpak
Lighter days: Surface 2 Air Paris cargo bag
Lightest days: Just carry it in my hands and/or pockets.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 19084 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 19084 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Every time I see this topic I read
“How do you carry your thighs?”
and I think…

On my hips?

posted over 5 years ago

dianamatic
Style_council
dianamatic

My friend Adam swears fanny packs are cool for boys now, but he’s wrong.

If I were a dude, I’d check out postings on NotCot, CoolHunting, and Switched On Set. I saw an amazing Pantone messenger bag there:
http://www.switchedonset.com/2008/05/pantone-me…
Also, the Reload version of Colette’s geometric Ryuta Nakajima bag is delightful (and more affordable than the original).

posted over 5 years ago

alexisthegreat
Style_council
alexisthegreat

honestly, all the guys i know carry their things in their pockets. not very fashionable, but i guess it’s practical.. _

posted over 5 years ago

SingForAbsolution
Style_council
SingForAbsol...

For school my bf has a messenger bag. If we’re going somewhere he sometimes asks me to put his wallet and sigs in my bag grr

posted over 5 years ago

SarahAddicted
Style_council
SarahAddicted

My brother has jackets and coats with like a milion pockets so he can really put a lot of stuff without carrying a bag and when its hot enough outside well there’s still the jeans pockets. And as for your camera, I have photographer friends guy and girls who just wear it around their neck.

posted over 2 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I don’t like carrying bags really so I use my jacket pockets.. If I don’t have a jacket on I use my boyfriend’s pockets :D

posted over 2 years ago

wishingwellandsuch
Style_council
wishingwella...

just my pockets unless i’m going to school, then a backpack

posted over 1 year ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

My husb has some bags..they are really usefull

posted about 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

most guys i know (apart from expressing their mysteriously deep non-understanding of anything fashion)carry around back packs…i know a guy who doesn’t carry anything! apart from his wallet in his pocket.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION