Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tjlove1719
Style_council
tjlove1719

I was just thinking yesterday about how much my sense of style has changed. I used to wear a lot of colors, but now all i like is earth tones and i add a pop of color with a pair of flats or an accessory.
Has yours changed?

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
ayoayo
Style_council
ayoayo

most definitely, the general sense has changed, but the way i accesorize and pull pieces together..really, it stayed the same

posted almost 4 years ago

gwynethbg
Style_council
gwynethbg

highschool and below.. Omg probably no sense of fashion yet! Had a school uniform back then.. And i wasn’t so aware of fashion trends and the like. When i moved onto college, thats when it started expanding. I started subscribing to fashion mags.. Would always go shopping. Now 5 years later i think im at the peak of my fashion sense. Thanks to chictopia and all of u chictopians who are such great inspiration!!!

Vikichiki
Style_council
Vikichiki

I think my style has matured but I also think a lot of new trends welcome mature clothing too. I used to wear a lot of tight jeans but now I wear a lot more dresses or skirts. I love a nice flowing gypsy boheme dress. :)

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

in high school I had uniforms and was forced to wear a skirt everyday, so on the weekends I was really glad to wear jeans and t-shirts and not have to try so hard. But now that I’m in college and I had to pretty much remake my entire wardrobe especially since I moved from Florida to a climate where the weather includes snow, I LOVE putting in effort into my looks. I found that skirts and dresses are not only comfy but extremely flattering for my shape and that vintage pieces are something that make you feel really great if you find something special!

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Not so many hoodies and more jeans that fit ..because I actually found a brand the fits me perfectly (hydraulic jeans)

cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

before i never really used to dress up. just jeans, a t-shirt and a jacket/sweatshirt. i was shy about wearing shorts, skirts and dresses.

but not anymore! i still have trouble getting myself to dress nicely every now and then. it’s a strange thing. it’s like i can’t bear to wear something so nice because i’ll ruin it or something. i’m getting past that though and am (generally) no longer afraid to wear what i want and not caring what others may think.

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

Naah still the same

RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

Lemme tell you, i used to be like most of the other people around where i live, just plain old jeans, a tee shirt, no accessories unless maybe in the ears, pair of gym shoes or flip flops, thats about it lol i didnt really care too much back in high school in the beginning. then slowly throughout the latter part of high school i added my own little touches to things (mostly to attain a slight “rocker” look) but for the most part that meant wearing alot of black shirts with maybe a more edgier type of earring and maybe some pins thrown on something here and there lol

now over the past 3 or so years ive slowly come to appreciate clothes more and find ways to really be creative with them and also accessories. i like art so i find fashion a great form of art that sparks my creativity. although im not one to know every designer out there or be able to recognize who made what, i like to create my own style (which i guess doesnt really have a label because its whatever i feel like that day) ive got alot of different pieces of clothing in my closet now besides basics and ive grown to love accessories more which helps to add to outfits and people tend to notice now and compliment me, maybe because i stand out more around here. but dont get me wrong there are certain days where i go right back to the plain jane mode but thats usually when i dont feel well or have NO time to really put together an outfit. im still growing in my style and probably will from now on in all sorts of ways. i dont necessarily follow all the trends but ill throw in a few trendy items here and there if i like them. im a work in progress lol

mademoiselleruta
Style_council
mademoiselle...

A lot. Even looking at myself a couple months ago I see that my style has evolved. Right now I’m into minimalism. I like the whole plain look, with a bit of edge.

SamanthaXxx
New_user SamanthaXxx is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When SamanthaXxx reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
SamanthaXxx

I used to be super girly when I was a teenager and kid,now that I’m 20 I feel like my style is more edgy I’m attracted to studs and skulls,most of that stuff is in my wardrobe I wear tons of combat boots,converse,leather jackets all that kinda stuff my signature look deftly red lips and smoky eyes with a tight clinging tank top and leather jacket. I like to consider myself as a ‘Bad girl’ due to my sense of style I’m attracted to that lable

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I used to be a Plain Jane. I always dressed just like the other girls at school, simple. It wasn’t until my junior or senior year in High school that I kind of rebelled a little with my style. I could see the faces of the other girls. They thought I looked weird, but I didn’t care. I can’t really describe my style. I don’t even think I have one. I just dress the way I feel that day. Some days I feel like a punk and other days I’ll dress in a cute sundress.

posted over 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION