Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LadyLuna
Style_council
LadyLuna

So lately I’ve been trying to wear high heels a lot less because they hurt and they can cause a lot of damage if worn to much. This has made me wonder, do you think there’s a way for a woman to look her best without a pair of heels? Can a dressy look be completely without them? There’s lots of kinds of shoes out there and I really think it’s possible to look put together without heels, just depending on how you do it. What would you say?

posted over 4 years ago
JPB
Style_council
JPB

hmm, i think that it is definitely possible but i don’t think i’ve ever seen it done before.

posted over 4 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

Of course its possible! You can manage a lovely look if you stick to only wearing flat shoes. They come is such a great variety of colours and styles. So why not?! :)
I wear flat shoes for the majority of the time since they are much more durable and over all convenient for my daily activities while still making my outfit chic.
However, heels do add some “oomph” to an outfit. Sometimes that’s exactly what a look needs!

posted over 4 years ago

arievalentine
Style_council
arievalentine

its possible, it just depends on the outfit . try to find a dressy pair of flats, they’re comfortable and cute .

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Yes, it’s definitely possible to look put together and great without high heels!! You can find tons of flats that are suitable for every occasion, ones with embellishments like buckles/ bows/ rosettes on the toe, or ones that are pointy/ peep toed etc can look just as nice. I have lots of pairs of heels but never wear them for daytime use (sometimes I don’t even wear them if i’m going somewhere fancy at night) and I think I usually look put together :)

posted over 4 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

you could wear wedges or flats in between :)

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I think cutesy flats can totally finish off a look, as well as pretty sandals! But if you still want the effect of heels without the pain, try a kitten heel, or a small 1-2" wedge :D

posted over 4 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I totally agree Lady Luna. I have seen some really nice flats out there. I think a lot of people like the height that heels give them, (including me), because it elongates their legs. If I was taller maybe 5’11’’ I would be more confident in flats

posted over 4 years ago

thehotmesscorner
Style_council
thehotmessco...

Audrey Hepburn for example, great style and usually she wore flats as well as BB (Brigitte Bardot)

posted over 4 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

yeah! I think it’s possible, totally. Flats can look better than heels sometimes in my opinion.

posted over 4 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

depends, if you want and if it is good for the look then why not, i <3 high heels!

posted almost 4 years ago

Sandie
Style_council
Sandie

can be totally flattering…but a bit uncomfortable depending on the type…

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

yeap totally flats are cute too but yeappp heels are always the best xD

gigal4fashion
Style_council
gigal4fashion

I think its possible but only if you are tall. My sister in law is 5 ft 8 and she can wear amazing flats or sandals and still look very fancy and ready for a great night. I am a lot shorter and if I’m not wearing heels I automatically look a lot younger than I am or that I’m not dressed for the occasion. Its possible to find comfy heels though, all of my high end shoes except for one pair are extremely comfortable. They weren’t when I first got them but now I can run races in a few pairs!

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

yeah high heels all the way~~~~

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think you can definitely can look put-together without heels. I like heels, but I can’t wear them all the time, especially for things like travel, when I’m going to be walking several miles a day and not sitting down very often. Plus like you said, if you always wear high heels, you can actually harm your leg muscles. It’s good to take a break sometimes.

When you’re not feeling the heel, go for a pair of dressy flats, sandals, or even some flat boots. There are lots of pretty flats with embellishments, bows, buckles, or made from a delicate, dressy material that can add femininity to your look. Sandals in nice material, well-designed straps, and with details like beads can also be very pretty in summer. Flat boots generally don’t work for super formal occasions, but if you’re going for a dressy-casual look (like a date, dinner party at someone’s home, etc) I think a pair of riding boots can often look just as classy as a pair of pumps.

midwestmayhem
Style_council
midwestmayhem

I use to wear heels every day until I was hit by a car and messed up my back/legs. For a 2 years I wore nothing but flats. It’s going on 4 years now and occasionally I will wear a heel if I’m going to a special event. However I still mainly stick to flats. I think they can be just as dressy if you pick the right ones. For dressy occasions I like a patent (synthetic) leather ballet flat with some type of embellishment such as a bow or pretty beads/rhinestones. I also think that shoes where the toe is in-between being pointed and round are the most classy looking.

Phoenixxx
Style_council
Phoenixxx

I quote hadelicious, some outfits are pretty even if there aren’t heels! Fortunately someone created ballerinas, boots, sandals… all flat!

When you cannot wear heels… there’s another way to feel elegant and sexy ;)

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

i dont like heels

REPLY TO DISCUSSION