Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I am from Canada, and I find it so unfortunate that most discounts, and fashion opportunties are offered only for people who reside in the states. For example, I’d love to use the 15 % off American Apparel discount that Chictopia offers, but it’s for US purchases only.. Another example, I was sent a forever 21 gift card from USA and it was declined here in Canada. I can’t even purchase from the Canadian website with it? Does this make anyone else very sad? Any discounts, or rewards, you know of that are offered to people other than the beautiful americans?
xoxoxox

posted over 5 years ago
lelizabethd
Style_council
lelizabethd

shipping offers in general. for example, six dollars to ship anywhere in the states but thirty to toronto? and many sephora offers are united states only.

posted over 5 years ago

unspoiledbird
Style_council
unspoiledbird

does this apply to the redeemable objects as well? it’s a shame about the american apparel offer, i love their stuff!

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I don’t think it applies to the chic rewards, I’m sure non USA member have claimed some before.

It would be nice if there were some offers than non USA members could use, though I could imagine it to be a little hard to be able to get international business to make those kind of allowances for an all american run website.
I don’t think it’s fair on some members that style icon prizes are sometimes from USA only stores though because not everyone can use them or they’re going to end up having less to spend because of shipping or have to actually pay. It seems that it’s more fair when the prize is a piece of clothing or object of some kind.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a topic somewhere in the forums where members can post promotional codes that they see online, in magazines etc. so that all (or at least the majority) of members can get some kinds of offers/discounts.

posted over 5 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

Chic Reward ships to international users.

posted over 5 years ago

_kait
Style_council
_kait

In general, this stuff really bums me out.. Especially shipping charges!
I live in Canada, only about 45 minutes across the border. It’s so depressing when I go to order something online, and I realize I’m going to be charged some crazy amount of money just for that extra tiny distance.
Missing out on a lot of discounts is crummy too.

posted over 5 years ago

anjuuu
Style_council
anjuuu

I TOTALLY feel you guys. Shipping from free people can go up to 45+ and so many discounts don’t apply. Its terrible, really.

posted over 5 years ago

hair_styler88
Style_council
hair_styler88

try living in sydney australia…thats a 14 hour flight south and shipping prices that u dont wanna know about!

posted over 5 years ago

chichelee
Style_council
chichelee

ahhh I live in the U.S and I feel the opposite! Most of the clothing sites I buy from are in Europe and so much expensive

posted over 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

I’m sure they’ll offer more international stuff when they can :) But yeah, I know how frustrating it can be!

I recently won a competition on Weardrobe and the prize was a Forever21 card, but they offered me a Topshop one instead. I thought that was really thoughtful!

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 37007 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When 37007 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!

shipping costs are killer

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

Really! I should have checked with the weardrobe girls, I didn’t know they could do that, I’d really prefer to use my gift card that I won for topshop and not forever 21.. but… I’m hoping to travel to the states, and the card doesn’t expire, so hopefully I’ll be able to use it soon.

I just hate the shipping charges, and the fact that some stores I AM IN LOVE WITH don’t ship to Canada.. it’s such a bummer….

posted over 5 years ago

hotfudgexd
Style_council
hotfudgexd

oh same, I live in Holland so its even worse.

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

Oh no, I feel for you!

posted over 5 years ago

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

I’d really prefer to use my gift card that I won for topshop and not forever 21

Wait, does Topshop ship to Canada? I thought it didn’t! That would change everything!

At least with some stores the insane shipping costs cover the taxes and duty, which can get expensive too.

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I don’t think it does ship to Canada…. which is a HUGE dissapointment.. I was just on there yesterday, wishing and dreaming of what I might buy, only to realize that I couldn’t find any info on shipping internationally :(

posted over 5 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

Most USA sites only send within the states. And if they ship worldwide.. costs will be 40 usdoller :S

posted over 5 years ago

StrawberryFields
Style_council
StrawberryFi...

Yeah its pretty crap there certainly should be offers to the rest of the world as well……im sure no one would mind paying the shipping costs if they get a discount.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION