SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnnaKonduh
Style_council
AnnaKonduh

This is kinda random, but…
Have you ever worn something you regretted?
Or, more so, have you ever just tried experimenting with something and noticing later it doesn’t look good?

I’ve done this before, and I think its helped me “find my style”.

What do you think?

posted over 5 years ago
kl08
Style_council
kl08

I agree with you about making it “find your style” You may see something and want it and buy it and then when you wear it for the first time, realize it is soooo not who you are. I have done it and know that I will do it again as well.

posted over 5 years ago

speakslow
Style_council
speakslow

Urgh, yes. Almost everything I wore in the past I regret.
I think I’m getting slightly better style now (hopefully,) but those florescent accessories will never stop haunting my dreams.

posted over 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

yes definitely. i’m still in the process of finding my style and what suits me!!!
some things that I have worn in the past that looked horrible on me:
flared jeans and polar fleece jumpers, or huge oversize jumpers in ugly colours,
really wide legged jeans that don’t look good because i’m short, shapeless skirts, denim miniskirts, denim jacket with jeans, tshirts with tacky sayings and prints on them… actually most of the stuff i wore throughout high school!!
i also went through several phases… such as trying to look grungy, trying to look punk, emo…. ahhh!!
crazy… anyway now that i’m 19 i think i am a lot better at what kind of clothes suit my body and my personality. I still buy things that aren’t nice and don’t suit me (probably more often than is good) but i’m getting better!!
I think making mistakes is an essential part in learning what does look good :)

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I have plenty of times and still do. Style is a neverending process, and many times throught our lives we’ll try out new stuff to find that it doesn’t look too great.

posted over 5 years ago

AnnaKonduh
Style_council
AnnaKonduh

I agree with all of you guys!
I’ve done that soo much!
:)

posted over 5 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

A too short white velvet long sleeve with purple high rise skinny jeans >< shudders 6th grade is now behind me dammit lol

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

yes! I think that happens to everyone.

posted over 4 years ago

kisses4alexandra
Style_council
kisses4alexa...

Yes, but as others have said, it definitely helped me find my style.

In high school I used to go for all-out “looks” – I’d go through phases where I was head-to-toe punk, head-to-toe bohemian, etc. I feel that it took me longer than most to finally find my style groove, as I was about 21 when that finally happened, but my style now is kind of a subtle mix of all those styles I experimented with before.

Even though I look back and cringe at some of the stuff I wore, I’m also glad I did it, because at least I dared to stand out from everyone else.

posted over 4 years ago

daniashahzad
Style_council
daniashahzad

you guys are so right! i think most people do wear things that later they feel isnt really them.. but again it helps to find your style.

whenever i wear something that i dont like but dont realize it till later, i feel uncomfortable all day. I feel way more confident wearing something i love, cuz no matter what anyone says, i feel great!

posted over 4 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

i think its good to try new things , dont let yourself get into a rut , but remember that in magazines the models are tall and skinny and can wear almost most things , not true for the majourity of people !

:(
posted over 4 years ago

warda
Style_council
warda

totally agree,
i went to a fashion college and wore….
denim overalls and everyone made fun of me! (i still loose sleep over it)

and lets not forget high school! i experimented with my style almost daily on top of it i was very shy an akward… but all these experience made me who i am today and helped define my sense of style..

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION