Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
karmie
Style_council
karmie

Today I was walking by the local Nine West and noticing the 30-50% off sign I thought I’d stop in for a look. I immediately spotted those gorgeous Sullibans ( those buckle-y leather heels seen on several Chictopians) and had to try them on. They fit like a glove..on my foot, which is rare because I wear a 5. But after standing around in them for 3 or so minutes I could feel the pressure of my weight bearing down on the front of my feet. I knew that after an hour of walking around in them, I’d be in agonizing pain…and I hear they are suppose to be very comfortable heels o_o. But for me, I feel as if i would have to regrettably reserve those types of shoes for night time/minimal walking wear only.
I’m personally a sneaker, flats, or low platform kinda person but I feel like a good pair of non-chunky high heels is a staple fashion accessory that can add that touch of sophistication or power to an outfit. Not to mention that i realllyyy need the height….
I see many people rocking those sullibans and similar type heels in day and night outfits and I was just wondering, is it a matter of practice, gel insoles, or shoe brand that help you guys make it through the day without horrible foot pains? Got any useful tips?

posted over 6 years ago
Starrgirl
Style_icon
Starrgirl

If I have to do a lot of walking I usually wear socks or tights with my heels. I’ve actually never tried the insoles but I’m planning to get some soon to see if it really helps :)

posted over 6 years ago

lulu
Style_council
lulu

I don’ have insoles on my Sullibans. But I do have them for my Aldo mirror platforms. They definitely help A LOT. Otherwise, my sullibans are usually worn with socks or tights like Starrgirl, so that helps.

posted over 6 years ago

dagny
Style_council
dagny

i use dr. scholls (sp?) gel pads in my heels, but be careful they make the shoe 1/2 size smaller (by taking up room in the shoe where your foot usually is)... i often use them in shoes that are a little too big (like where my heel slips out the back) because they make the shoe a little more “snug”... so i’m not sure if you’d want to use them in shoes that fit or are even a little small. BUT, that being said: they really really help the ball of my foot from aching.
Also I find that the more “surface area” that there is where the shoe meets the ground, the less wobbly the shoe will be (think platforms v. stilettos) and the more comfortable and easy to walk in… for every day heels i prefer wedges because the whole bottom of the shoe is in contact with the ground so there is much more stability and walkability.

posted over 6 years ago

New_user 698 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 698 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

This may sound weird but I buy high heels a 1/2 size bigger then my actual shoe size. I use to work in a dreaded office 8 hours a day and wore heels every single day, no matter how much walking downtown I would have to do. After a couple hours your foot starts to swell and that extra 1/2 really does help! Also the more you wear high heels the better… your feet will get use to them…. at least they will callous in the right places and your feet will have their own little padding. LOL ha! Sounds like torture but it works. Suck it up… know you look good and each day your feet will hurt less and less. Promise. :)

posted over 6 years ago

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

I don’t know, but after a day of walking around in the humongous Sam Edelman Balenciaga-esque booties, my feet have succumbed to all other lesser heels and do not scream for pain anymore. :D

posted over 6 years ago

jaiye
Style_council
jaiye

constant wear definitely helps.
i found that personally my everyday heels hurt because they’d slide forward more as i walked through the day, so there’d be pressure where the straps etc were. so i went and got nonslip gel pads in one of my worst pairs and it made so much difference. when im free im going to get a ton more for the rest of them, there’s a fabulous japanese store called daiso where i live that carries them, and the best part is everything in the store is like, $2.

posted over 6 years ago

cindy
Style_council
cindy

Always buy leather shoes! They stretch to mould to the shape of your foot and its just so much less painful to walk in. Those gel things also work, I’ve worn them before for all day shopping expeditions but make sure you bring them along and try them with the shoe cause you might find you need to go 1/2 a size up or so. And Ckinsm is right! The more you wear them the less it’ll hurt, your feet will just become immune to the pain, and the callouses on your feet will just act as natural grip and padding.

posted over 6 years ago

karmie
Style_council
karmie

thanks for all the input and suggestions! I’ve noticed that wearing platforms and wedges are more comfortable than wearing straight up high heels so that’ll be my stepping stone for now haha. I will definitely invest in a good pair of gel insoles and take into account the feet swelling issue! (I never though of that!!)

posted over 6 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

inserts def. help. Like Dr. Scholl’s.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION