Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lacyromo
Style_council
lacyromo

Curious to know if what you wear dictates your overall attitude?? If you put on some of American Apparels “disco shorts” paired with 9 inch platforms and a bandeau top, do you then have a “hooker-isc” mentality? Or if you dawn a precisely pleated pair of slacks, accompanied by a beautiful blouse, paired with a uniquely constructed houndstooth vest to compliment… are you then immediately thrown into a state of intellect?

I know as its stands most people would say your mentality influences what you decide to wear, but when you are in a slump, and decide you need a pick me up do you turn to your wardrobe to feed your desire for a brighter day? If so, why? Could it be because your garb becomes some sort of “super power” (for a lack of better words) that gives you the umph, the encouragement or that simple thing you need to become the person you want to be for the day???

Your outfit may be just what you need to escape life OR bring self back to reality.. who knows… I say the individual dictates the mood, and their attire is a subconscious way to encourage the “ideal mentality” for that day. This topic and how others view it intrigues me, as I come off a day off camo- fatigues, a denim army hat, denim “throw- back” jacket…. and a fighting attitude to boot!

Morgan

posted almost 5 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I dress based on my moods— but based on the mood I WANT to feel. I dress up most when I am sleepy, sick, or on my period because I need an extra boost of self-confident. I put effort into my outfits on test days because I want to feel awake and sharp. If I want to feel sexy while going out, I dress sexy even if I don’t feel it right away— but it always kicks in once I spent a little while in my clothes!

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I def. agree with you, lacyromo! What you wear does dictate how you feel! For example, if you wear sweats with a T-shirt, you feel lazy and tired (at least thats how I feel). If I dress up, I feel somewhat productive and confident! And then if I pick out a miniskirt & some boots to wear to go out, I feel sexy. I have a philosophy:: If you feel down or tired, dress up! It will make you feel 10x happier and more confident! :)))

posted over 4 years ago

KLVG
Style_council
KLVG

I certainly would say that what I’m wearing even effects the way I hold myself or move! If I wear a dress that could possibly blow up in a gust of wind I get all fretful about that happening. However, I dress how I want to feel. If I’m going to a club, even if I don’t feel confident, I’ll wear confident clothing, hoping that by some jolt of awesomeness that I instantly transform into a sleek confident person. Sometimes it helps, too!

posted over 4 years ago

YaniYours
Style_council
YaniYours

I also agree that clothes dictate feelings, for the most part. I know when I’m in a really good mood, or trying to put myself in a good mood I’ll wear an outfit that I think accentuates my best features, or makes me feel fly as hell, lol. And when I’m just like whatever, I’ll put on something comfortable and that I would also classify as stylish like jeans, and an interesting top, or flowy layers.

posted over 4 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

The way I dress always dictates how I feel and vise versa. Hoodie and warmer clothes if i’m cold, sad, tired, etc. Boots and skirt if i’m in a perky, confident mood.

posted over 4 years ago

Fashionrehab
Style_council
Fashionrehab

I agree also, because when I wear a nice dress with heels, I feel sexy and confident. When I also wear a bow on my head with puffy skirt, with a cute top and flats, i tend to have a cute personality and people around me feel it and approach me in a warm way. But when I wear baggy pants with a hoodie, no one really approaches me because they know that i am not really in the mood to have a conversation with anyone. The only time i dress up like that is when i am too busy, tired or in a hurry to get something and get back home quickly without any disturbance.

posted over 4 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I’m the other way around; I dress in accordance to my mood. Sometimes (a lot of times) I plan my outfit so, like jerseyferrari, the emotion I’m feeling when I’m getting dressed aspect is taken out of it but I also change some things about the outfit when I put it on.
I wear what I want to at the moment and not really what will make me feel something else.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION