Googleplus
TAGS:  clothingdressesfashionjewelryshorts under skirts
stace1244
New_user stace1244 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When stace1244 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
stace1244

Do you always wear shorts underneath or only under certain skirts/dresses or at certain times/events only?

What kind of shorts are they (eg. spandex) and how long are they?

Where did you get them from?

Why do you wear them and if not why not?

I always wear black spandex shorts under mine. They have about a 4" inseam so they are nice and short and don't poke out below my skirts.

I brought mine from Forever 21 and American Apparel. I love the black nylon/elastane spandex shorts from AA the most as they are the most comfortable and love the high waisted feel on them.

I just like feel securely covered so I can be comfortable and confident in my dress or skirt without having to worry about someone seeing my underwear.

posted 11 months ago
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I'm a huge skirt fan and I usually wear spanx when I'm wearing pencil skirts or bandage skirts. I don't think I would ever be able to wear those tight skirts without wearing some sort of shapewear. I don't wear shorts when I'm wearing A line skirts or skater skirts cause I'm afraid the shorts will poke out, and I'm totally not a fan of that look. Lol.

posted 11 months ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I like spandex shorts but since I rarely wear tight dresses, I wear bloomers from American Apparel a lot too. I live in a windy city so I can rarely get away with not wearing something underneath my skirts and dresses. 

posted 11 months ago

stace1244

10 points - Become a fan

stace1244

All my shorts are quite short so I never really have to worry about them poking out. I am the kind of girl though that would rather having shorts poke out though than wear no shorts underneath haha. I just like the feeling of been 100% securely coovered so no body gets a free show lol

posted 11 months ago

fiyalily
New_user fiyalily is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When fiyalily reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
fiyalily

I'm wanting to buy some lace shorts for under dresses, currently I wear tights and leggings, but it won't always be cold out... haha.

posted 11 months ago

stace1244

10 points - Become a fan

stace1244

Check put AA they sell lace spandex shorts.

posted 11 months ago

sailormoonusagi
Style_council
sailormoonusagi

Of course not. If you are afraid in a skirt DONT wear them! It looks so stupid with shorts you can see the shorts sticking out ... Yuck.

posted 11 months ago

stace1244

10 points - Become a fan

stace1244

@sailormoonusagi - They don't stick out, they well hidden underneath the skirt and there is no way I am going to give up wearing skirts either. The shorts are short black skin tight spandex shorts so they discrete and don't interfere with the skirt and do not give lines. They are extremely comfy as well. To see them you to actually look right up the skirt and you cannot tell I am waering them from the outside at all.

posted 11 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I don't wear shorts under dresses. I wouldn't want the extra bulk or possiblity of them showing. Also I try not to wear really short dresses because they make me uncomfortable but that's just me (I'm also 30). But if you like wearing shorts under and it makes you more comfortable than go for it. i have seen some really cute like lace boy shorts out there. Those might be cute under a dress.

posted 11 months ago

sailormoonusagi
Style_council
sailormoonusagi

I think its SOOOO weird you know.

posted 11 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I don't think it is weird. I just think it is a personal preference.

posted 11 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

I definitely opt for some form of spandex shorts when I wear short, flowy dresses - mostly for a safeguard, but they definitely don't look bad.I've also tried wearing cut-off nylons (definitely a more grungey look) because they're more breathable without losing the spandex effect. 

posted 11 months ago

Chessy
Style_council
Chessy

Never. My rule is pretty simple: if you need to wear something under, then it is too short. It adds bulk and makes you look like you have a big butt or bit panties. I also do not wear spanx or those spanx-type leggings

posted 10 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

I almost always wear short shorts under skirts, usually ones like this: http://mishpish.com/collections/march14/products/full-lace-short-shorts they are cute and sexy, also holds my tights up hehe

posted 8 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION