Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TheLoulette
Style_council
TheLoulette

Do you actually read the posts/descriptions that people attach to their photos? Cuz I know that sometimes I put a detail in my post like, I wore this to someone’s birthday party, and someone comments and says, happy birthday! because I put ‘birthday’ as the event. I actually saw a post where the girl categorically said ‘this is a picture of an editor of a fashion mag’, and someone said ‘You look so gorgeous!’ Are chictopians totally disinterested in the stories behind the looks? Are you?

posted about 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Yeah, I’ve also noticed how sometimes other people apparently don’t read the descriptions,referring to a picture of a friend or from a magazine as “you,” wishing congrats or happy birthday to the wrong person, or even mistaking the garment (“This is a dress worn with a skirt over it” “Nice shirt!”). I’m usually more amused than upset, but you can definitely tell who’s reading and who isn’t!

Personally I like to read them, since people often do write about their day or important things going on in their lives and it’s nice to see them as whole people rather than just the clothes they wear. And sometimes they have an interesting story as to why they dressed the way they did.

posted about 3 years ago

midwestmayhem
Style_council
midwestmayhem

I really enjoy reading what a person has wrote about their outfit. It’s so interesting to see where another person’s inspiration has come from. However if I’m just checking quickly I’ll probably just skim the photo and if I see something I love I’ll write a quick comment. So I can see how people may skim something and make an honest mistake.

posted about 3 years ago

TheLoulette
Style_council
TheLoulette

Makes sense that there are gaffes like that in comments sometimes, I agree with you guys; not everyone has the time to read every single post… :)

posted about 3 years ago

ahappyfreakingday
Style_council
ahappyfreaki...

I love reading the descriptions, makes the outfit more interesting…at least to me :)

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I usually try and read people’s descriptions when i’m commenting. I like reading what other chictopians are up to and enjoy getting to know them better! Although I agree that not everyone has the time to do so.
I usually post a few details on my outfit/ life and it makes me happy when someone posts a comment that shows that they actually read what I wrote! I have seen instances when people have posted pics of models/pics from magazines etc and someone says “You look great!” haha. It’s pretty easy to tell who is/isn’t reading!

posted about 3 years ago

OnTheGanges
Style_council
OnTheGanges

I like reading descriptions! However, sometimes I’m trying to kill the few minutes I find before I need to leave for work and don’t get to read everything, but then I typically don’t comment, just vote up.

posted about 3 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I usually read what people write, I love it! :) It’s nice to know more about the look or the Chictopian him/herself :) It’s a bit sad when nothing at all is written, but I understand anyone has his/her reason and sometimes I’m a bit in a hurry too! lol
It happened to me too to read some comments that were a bit out of line, but I think it’s part of the game…

posted about 3 years ago

Lyosha
Style_council
Lyosha

I do actually read the descriptions. I have to be honest so I say almost always. Why? It’s fun and intresting to read people’s thoughts, usually people write funny or important stuff there, it helps to find out why they have chosen the clothes anf to know this stylish people better. I love it much more when people write about the emotions, thoughts and even in the descripion leaving behind more words about clothes (unless it’s important). When they write nothing, I do understand, some of them are busy or tired or (and it happens!) have nothing much to say, leaving chictopians alone with the outfit. But what is the worst for me, it’s when people just write link to thier blog (I’m not talking about words and then more on my blog, i’m about an empty field and link to blog). Summing, whether write or read the disripion is up to each chictopia but it’s better to fill the field than not.

posted about 3 years ago

marushka
Style_council
marushka

YES! Often that is the part I enjoy the most – an outfit is much more interesting as you come to “know” the person underneath it. I am also much more likely to eventually follow that person’s blog if they take the time to write about their pictures on Chictopia.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

No, I don’t

posted over 1 year ago

thepigs
Style_council
thepigs

I realized that I was the one of the very few who wrote more than a paragraph on my description but that’s because I like writing. Consequently, I like reading what other people write _

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION