Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

think they’re stylish, but really aren’t? I have a friend that desperately wants to start a career in fashion, but isn’t all that with it. (Not that I am, of course. And I love her dearly!) She insists her Uggs are okay because they are the real deal and not fakes like everyone elses. Also, her style is pretty generic. (Cue zebra print, Ed Hardy, and the Miley Cyrus line.) This irks the hell out of me.

And so I ask you, do you have any friends who could use a clue?

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
thebackstagediva
Style_council
thebackstage...

Who are we to ever judge people on how they dress themselves? It’s their own style and we shall respect it. Perhaps, there is one or two out there who views fashion pathetically the same with the former.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Sure, I have friends who lack “taste”, but this doesn’t mean they or your friend can’t be successful in fashion! It’s completely the opposite! Your friend may find incredible success because there are waaay more “normal” people buying clothes than super rich people buying haute couture. Maybe she won’t have a runway show at LFW, but she could be making millions selling the latest trendy boot at Macy’s. Or maybe she’ll open a shop like Forever21 or Charlotte Russe! Not high end but successful nonetheless!

posted over 2 years ago

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

I definitely do.. Girl doesn’t know how to dress to her body type. And she always tries to buy the same items I have. Please, get your OWN style. Mine doesn’t work for you because we have completely different body types.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Style is definitely unique, and there are some people whose style no one else could ever understand. It might seem weird and off the wall to us, but it’s perfectly normal to them.

What would bother me is if she/he were constantly lecturing me about what I should be wearing and how I should dress, as though he/she were the sole authority on style and fashion. that, I would not tolerate in a friend. But quirky fashion sense? that I’m okay with!

posted over 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

Dear i don’t think your term would be ‘friend’ for her, just sayin;

posted about 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

And i have plenty of people that i know which are the same as u described ur’friend’.most of them are in artschool

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION