Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

Everytime I’m into something thats not known.. no matter what type of trend it is or anything that has to do with liking a celebrity etc.. once it gets known.. i no longer like it.
I have no idea why, but I always tend to lose interest in things that become known and seen everywhere.. I like to be different ..

Do you feel the same?

posted over 4 years ago
vegangrrrl
Style_council
vegangrrrl

I tend to do that too. I hate being or looking the same as other people, so I subconsciously stop liking whatever it is.

posted over 4 years ago

_megee
Style_council
_megee

Oh of course!

Then people get annoyed when you say that you liked that said thing before it got popular, and you’re just like “Well I did!”

posted over 4 years ago

pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

its SO true ! i agree with you guys, people start to ask ..“but why dont you like it anymore” , hm maybe because its out their now lol .

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I agree with you guys!! It gets old when everyone starts doing it, and then its not unique anymore!

I feel the same way.

posted over 4 years ago

agesandages
Style_council
agesandages

I feel that NOT liking something because it’s popular is the same as LIKING something because it’s popular. You’re not liking it/ not liking it because you truly hate/love whatever it is, you’re making decisions based on other people. Weak.

posted over 4 years ago

transatlanticism
Style_council
transatlanti...

I agree with you agesandages, but I still find myself doing it!

E.g. Twilight – but I think that’s because I hate the screaming 12 year olds :)

posted over 4 years ago

agesandages
Style_council
agesandages

Bleh, who likes them. :p

posted over 4 years ago

melissag
Style_council
melissag

yea i agree. lol i think everyone hates Twilight and screaming 12 yr olds :p

posted over 4 years ago

tjlove1719
Style_council
tjlove1719

I feel the same way about fashion. Like, when plaid came out and everyone was wearing plaid, I was completely against the idea of wearing it because everyone liked it. But when things start to go out of style I’m automatically drawn to it because no one else likes it. I love to separate myself from everyone else.

posted over 4 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

Sometimes it bugs me…but then other times I feel validated. Even if no one else realizes I liked it first, I know I did and I always knew it was cool, now I have proof. It bothers me more when people say I look really trendy when I’m wearing clothes that I’ve had for years, yet suddenly look “now” to people…

posted over 4 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

I don’t feel that way about books, actors, cinema or music, but definitely about fashion trends. it gets so annoying when you see everyone from teenagers to adults, in every part of the society getting the same item (I’m thinking of a Longchamp bag that got so popular a few years ago, everybody had it, and it just felt like an overdose, I couldn’t love mine anymore)

posted over 1 year ago

Terrafirma
Style_council
Terrafirma

You need to read more Malcom Gladwell. He discusses this kind of person in The Tipping Point, you seem to be a creator, innovator, inventor……this kind of person always does this….I know, because Im like that too, I have to be the only one, or i let it go. your just quick and pioneering. you cant help it. nor should you

posted over 1 year ago

urbanityordained
Style_council
urbanityorda...

Totally agree with you agesandages, I couldn’t have put it better myself. I like what I like, whether it’s popular at the time or not :)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION