Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
justbenatural
Style_council
justbenatural

I have a collection of odds ’n ends items because I always find something that I can envision a whole outfit for! But sadly, I sometimes do not get around to buying the rest of the outfit. lol

What about all of you? Do you find a piece and have a vision for it, or do you buy a whole outfit at one time? Have you ever gone shopping just to find a certain piece or accessory to complete that dreamed outfit?

Brittany

posted almost 5 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Generally when I am about to buy something, I think about what I have in my wardrobe already that goes with it. If I can envision at least a couple outfits I could make with it without even taking it home first, I feel like it’s probably going to be a worthwhile purchase.

I also keep my closet well-stocked with neutral go-with-anything pieces like jeans, leggings, black tights, plain color t-shirts and turtlenecks, versatile cardigans or blazers, etc. which means that I can make at least a basic outfit with most pieces I buy, so that’s a good back-up, too!

Of course, when piecing together looks I often realize "Hey, I have a really good idea if I only had . . . " And then the process begins again: Can I picture myself wearing it with more than just one or two outfits? Well then, let’s go find it . . .

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I hardly ever buy in outfits! I usually just buy what I lk and work w/ what I have!

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I tend to buy items that I liek then think of what I have to go with it. The problem is I don’t wear the outfits lol. But I’m working on that :)

fshnnerd
Style_council
fshnnerd

i always end buying items butt every time i go to store to buy an outfit i just blow it off cause i see too many cute things thatt dont go together

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I should start shopping in outfits, but I usually don’t. I get scattered all over the place with everything, and if I find a good deal and it doesn’t go with whatever else I’m buying, it doesn’t rly matter. I’ll buy it anyways.

whoa_nisha
Style_council
whoa_nisha

hmm dependins how much money i have-ill buy an outfit lol otherwise ill get shoes here and a shirt the next day and jeans or whatever the next, also depends if i can find anything i like ;)

deadchique
Style_council
deadchique

For me its like this, if I buy it in a store, I’ll end up buying things I just really liked but don’t actually have anything to match with. So annoying, but when I buy stuff online I buy whole outfits. Its probably because I have the chance and time to look through and match stuff.

audreyj
Style_council
audreyj

Most of times, i buy for things, since i don’t carry lots of money to go shopping. But if i’m going to have a special ocassion or saw something i really liked at a page or something i found at the internet, i try to copy it.

justbenatural
Style_council
justbenatural

Thanks for all of your responses! Of course I buy what I like at the time (who would buy something they don’t like? lol), but I’m just wondering if you look at pieces as an accessory to what you have or a piece for a future collection. That’s all. =)

geekishpirate
Style_council
geekishpirate

When shopping, I always think of the items as an outfit. I don’t always buy the entire outfit (or else I’d always be broke!), but I tend to think of what else I’d need to pull the look together. Its also a great idea to picture your wardrobe and think of any pieces you already have to go with an item!

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

i buy by items & i think of the outfits i can put together with the things i already own. but if the outfit looks just too amazing & i have the money then i’ll buy in outfit but that rarely happens.

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

I try to buy for the life and wardrobe I have now – otherwise I’d end up buying for a fantasy if-I-had-the-money/if-I-did-X-job-or-activity/if-I-lived-in-X-climate life. I think of each purchase as an addition to what I already own. Before I buy a piece, I think of what existing clothes it will go with and how it can be styled for different occasions. If I’ll have to buy other things to make it work, I pass it up.

juicyxoprincess
Style_council
juicyxoprincess

I only shop for items, I like being able to mix and match pieces in my wardrobe to make new outfits all the time

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I try to buy things that I can think of at least 2 different ways to wear them… usually it doesn’t work but if I love it, I still get it lol

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I shop by item, though if I have an idea in my head of what styles I want to try out in the near future I end up buying a bunch of stuff that does go together, though usually it doesn’t happen intentionally.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION