Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

Don’t you guys just hate it when someone comments on your clothes saying “What the hell are you wearing?” .. I get so irratated, because its not them wearing what Im wearing so I find it unnecessary for people to judge your outfits, maybe they wont like it but you do and your comfortable, some people get so depressed and change their clothes because of what people say about them! WOW! I keep my style the way it is, because its me whos dressed in it, NOT them! Again are some of you guys like that? ..
Do you get insecure about your fashion too?.. You shouldnt be , we are all different and shine in our own ways! .. I mean look at Lady Gagas outfits ! LOL
id love to know what you think about this.

posted about 4 years ago
naunet
Style_council
naunet

I agree. I wear what I want. I only dress for me, and if I feel good about an outfit I’ll wear it. Peoples comments nor looks wouldn’t make me change my style.
Its okay not to like something, but what’s with the need to comment on it? I do not see the point.

posted about 4 years ago

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

I agree :) and I especially hate the gossip when you’re walking like one meter before them :) (happened to me when I wore my la vie en rose something outfit :s)

posted about 4 years ago

lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

depends. I don twant to look crazy!

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think your way of thinking isn’t wrong but rather too simplistic and idealistic. Its easy to say just wear what you want but pressure from society definitely influences all of us. Our ideas of beauty are strongly affected by those around us. Of course we should all still retain some of our own individuality and wear things that, although maybe not unique, make us feel good. If theres someone always nagging you about the way you dress, its your decision whether or not to take their opinion into consideration.

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree with you. I try and dress the way I want to but unfortunately it’s very easily to be influenced by what other people think :( Sometimes you can consciously or subconsciously end up dressing in a certain way to impress other people or to fit in… It’s difficult when people stare at you openly or comment on what you’re wearing! But as long as you’re not wearing something inappropriate (like a miniskirt and stilettos to a funeral or something!) then be proud of what you’re wearing :)

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I try to seek a balance between dressing for me and dressing appropriately for the situation, because it’s naive to believe that there aren’t social rules for clothing. For instance, if I showed up to work (as a teacher) dressed like Lady Gaga, I might get major style cred but I would be instantly fired and probably arrested for corrupting the children.

HOWEVER, I don’t appreciate snark about outfits when I’m not being obscene or revealing, just different. (And even if I AM being appropriate, I’d prefer they just tell me, not gossip). Some people think we should all look and act the same and they try to criticize people into conforming, but I don’t stand for that. Once the dress code is covered, how I dress is my business.

posted about 4 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

totally agree. come on itz my body and my style why cant i dress however i want?
i dress according the event or situation. sometimes ppl will comment that i overdress. LOLLL i was like……….. just because u guys dont bother to dress up doesnt mean that I will neglect myself like that AHHAHA

posted about 4 years ago

pingpongpiang194
Style_council
pingpongpian...

my mom is always commenting about my sense of style (or the lack of it) since young. doesn’t help when my parents are always impeccably dressed! i took it to heart when i was younger because as an asian kid, you tend to want to keep your parents happy and proud.

but now when i’ve grown up, the comments died down a little and they give me room for individuality. the picking still comes occasionally, from my younger sister. which, by the way, annoys the crap out of me!

students in the public uni i’m studying in hardly dress up due to a lot of rules, but so far i haven’t heard of any nasty feedback from them. in fact, one of my course mates told me that she loved how i take the initiative to dress up for class, because it is so refreshing in a sea of t-shirt and jeans!

who says a biology student should dress like one? and why do people even stereotype science students to be boring fashion-wise?

posted about 4 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

yeah i know, those people are rude, its my life so just back off if they dont like it. HAte it too when my sister who doesnt read fashion comment on clothes i picked in the mall, like ethnic print romper, maxi dress, polka dots tank top and many more!
Dude.

posted about 4 years ago

dopefeen
New_user dopefeen is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When dopefeen reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dopefeen

ugh! really? Choosing to step out of the house in a one-of-a-kind is what makes me … ME! Someone’s got a problem with my outfit? They must not know who I am!

How simple! I haven’t heard a complaint since like … junior high! Don’t change clothes, change friends.

posted over 3 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Some of the comments my more fashionably and appropriately dressed friends received were actually from people with zero creativity in clothing, simple-minded, and lived in caves.

So yeah, no reason to take some of the comments to the heart. Otherwise, I wouldn’t want others to only tell me what to wear, but what to do, or how to live my life unless I ask for it. :P Don’t like the tone of “dictation.” However, I am open to well thought responses or suggestions and I can think whether I would take those comments into consideration.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION