Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
token
Style_council
token

I’m not totally red but people keep telling me: don’t wear red/pink/orange/beige
can i wear these colours at all?
help chictopians you are all fashion forward!

posted almost 6 years ago
Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

sure you can wear them, you can wear any color that you want, just know how to wear them but that’s up to your personal and unique style ;-)

Frugality
Style_council
Frugality

I think you can actually totally rock these colors! Especially beige. Although I don’t know about red… that might be a little too much red, and same with orange. Of course, you can always do anything but how about yellow? that’s in the same color family, if you’re craving orange and red, and I’ve seen redheads pull that off splendidly!

I also looooove redheads in colors like purple and green (which i’ve heard are the best redhead shades to wear). I totalllly wish I were a redhead!

foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

yes! but i’d stick with the warm end of the spectrum for them. It’s possible for all those colors to be cold, especially reds. As for pale colors, like beige, you just need to anchor your outfit with some deeper colors – otherwise you’ll wash out.

annalee
Style_council
annalee

i am not personally a redhead (though i have always envied them) but i have two very best and very stylish friends who have bright red gorgeous hair! i know that they really don’t avoid certain colors because they’re afraid it’ll clash with their hair. i think redheads look fab in every color. though i am impartial to redheads in purple. but all in all i think you should wear what ever please YOU.

TheEchosAnswer
Style_council
TheEchosAnswer

I love pink, red & orange on redheads….

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

It depends on what colour red your hair is really. My friend is pale, freckly and very red haired and she looks silly in pink and light green but can wear pretty much every other colour.
When my hair was red (dyed) it was less orangey than hers is and pale green looked great with it and I could wear pink. It was orange that I couldn’t really wear.

blinkers
Style_council
blinkers

Based on your profile, your hair looks kind of like mine.

My hair is a deeper reddish and I steer clear of red clothes, personally. I try not to wear orange either. I just don’t think it looks good, but like everyone else has said, it’s up to your personal taste. Greens go really well, and navy & royal blue works amazingly for me. I was told a pale grey also looks kickin’, but I don’t think it’s that different from any other grey look wise.

I wear beige, I’m also naturally tannish, so it looks good.

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

I think whats matters more is your skintone, opposed to the color of your hair.

My model has fiery red hair and rocks most colors very well – right down to red. You can check out my pics and see this for yourself. Maybe it’ll give you some idea of what color schomes you might try out as well : )

Superbeckyy
Style_council
Superbeckyy

Depends on your skin – I think orange & peach-coloured clothes clash with red hair. However it’s down to what you wear it with. I’m getting red hair in a couple of weeks so I’ll have to find out. :D

missbuttercup
Style_council
missbuttercup

It might depend on the shade. However, i don´t like orange on redheads. But a beige or green would look great, i think. The only advice i can give you is try! :)

ParisTarts
Style_council
ParisTarts

orange doesnt look good on redheads…since i was one

rubot
Style_council
rubot

i think that as long as you find the right tone of each colour and wear it with confidence redheads can look amazing in any of those colours!!

my friend emma pulls off breaking so many of the supposed “rules” for redheads just by finding her own personal way around them and she literally ALWAYS looks amazing.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION