Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
apple0hs
Style_council
apple0hs

Hey everyone, I was just wondering a few things about etiquette on Chictopia. Am I supposed to write thank you to every person who comments on my photos? And why do people add people as friends randomly…is it like a bookmark to remember you but they’re not quite sure they’re a fan?

posted over 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Personally I find that adding friends is a great way of seeing new photos, not just ones that make it into the style gallery, with the ‘my friends recent photos’ feature. Besides, I don’t think the favourite chictopians feature and having fans would be as special if everyone had a whole long list of favourites instead of saving it for the special few that they liked most.
Also, whether you leave thank you comments or not is your personal choice. I don’t leave thank you’s to every comment, but I think it is nice to go through your friends chicblogs every now and again and comment back on what you like about their outfits.

posted over 5 years ago

ninjaneko
Style_council
ninjaneko

i guess instead of saying thank you to every comments you get. what you can do is drop by or add those who posted a comment and do the same thing.

posted over 5 years ago

megz29_29
Style_council
megz29_29

yeah, I’ve noticed some people say thank you to everyone who comments… but I figure I’ll just do it if someone asks a question in their comment, or says something that I really relate to.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 19084 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 19084 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’m a noob, I’ve been adding people as friends whos style I liked because I can’t work out how to be a “fan”? It’s probably right there in front of me, I’m a bit of an e-tard.

posted over 5 years ago

queenlazy
Style_council
queenlazy

Add as a favourite to be a fan! I’m never sure whether I should say thank you to every comment either, but I think it is good manners to do that.

posted over 5 years ago

rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

hm i think i have bad chictopia manners now that i think of it. lol at seaofghosts. yeaaa im e-tarded too.

posted over 5 years ago

talicious
Style_council
talicious

I always say thank you, because that person took time to write that comment for me.
But then again if I write a comment on a popular persons wall they might not have the time to write back and that’s cool too :)

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Adding as “favorite” = becoming a “fan”.

posted over 5 years ago

Michael993
Style_council
Michael993

I can’t stand the way some people write a reply to every last comment they get. It’s so obvious that they’re trying to increase their chic points.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

^^You don’t get chic points for replying to comments on your own blog. You only get them when you comment on another users chicblog.

posted over 5 years ago

Michael993
Style_council
Michael993

Well when you get a comment you gain one chic point, although I haven’t checked to see if you gain one from commenting on your own picture.

posted over 5 years ago

Tashhh
Style_council
Tashhh

You don’t gain chic points from commenting on your own picture.

posted over 5 years ago

lynnisms
Style_council
lynnisms

I figure just saying thank you wouldn’t really get a connection going, so I tend to go to the blog of whoever commented me and comment on theirs. Then it’s a chain! =D

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION